Posted on Sep 16, 2020 by CV-Library
Salary: Up to £50K Basic + 10% Bonus + Full Benefits package
Location: Outer NW London / Herts border (But fully remote at the moment)
Platform Engineer sought by growing, stable & modern UK Software company at the forefront of providing Cloud based SaaS to the globe.
Our Platform Architecture team are small, yet highly experienced across deployment in private & public cloud environments. The team sit between Dev & Ops to support both.
Due to demand (Our Senior Engineer needs a hand & would love to mentor someone else!), we are looking to grow the team with another Platform Engineer, who has a passion for modern, cloud-based Infrastructure & software.
Joining a global team of ~400, but with the head quarters here in the outskirts of London, you will be integral in providing Platform, Build, release & Infrastructure as code that power our software platform.
We exclusively use AWS with CloudFormation for our Infrastructure as Code & numerous other AWS services.
Our staff turnover is excellently low & is a testament to the close bonds that our teams form – we would like you to become part of this too.
We are looking for someone with a reasonable amount of prior experience, but would absolutely consider a more junior member of the team, or a STEM subject grad with a year or 2 commercial software / Infrastructure experience.
Some of the things you will need to be comfortable with to be considered:
- Commercial Experience with Linux environment (We have some Windows requirements, but Linux in the main)
- Commercial Coding experience in a high-level programming or scripting language: e.g. Python, Ruby, Java, PowerShell, Perl. Typically we mostly use Python & Powershell for the automation scripting.
- Experience with git version control system
- Experience with AWS
Things that you will develop & become your day-to-day:
- Experience with infrastructure as code approach to managing deployments
- Experience with any of the following AWS technologies: CloudFormation, EC2, VPC, ECS, Lambda, SQS, CloudWatch
- Working knowledge of continuous integration tools such as Atlassian Bamboo, Jenkins etc. would be very useful
- Linux systems administration experience
Above all though – attitude, commitment, teamwork & more than a passing passion for technology will make you stand out.
We’d love to hear from you, so please apply!
Keywords: Platform Engineer, Release Engineer, Linux, AWS, CloudFormation, Python, Infrastructure as code, SaaS, DevOps
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£50k - £55k Annual
£330 - £430 Daily
£50k - £75k Annual
£45k - £50k Annual
£68k - £80k Annual