Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) - FT Evenings
Posted on Sep 16, 2020 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Technician-Emergency Medical - Emergency Department - Full-Time,Evening - St. V Evansville Health System - Evansville,IN
Rotate 11am-11pm / 3pm-3am. Every other weekend.
Why Join Ascension?
In Indiana, St. Vincent operates 24 hospitals in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, and clinics. St. Vincent's more than 15,000 associates and 3,000 providers offer expertise in a wide range of services including acute/long-term acute care, bariatrics, cancer care, cardiovascular services, emergency/trauma services, neuroscience, orthopedics, pediatric services, primary care, urgent/immediate care, women's health and more. St. Vincent has been serving central and southern Indiana for 145 years.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2019, Ascension provided $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes more than 150,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care - including 150 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities - in 20 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including clinical and network services, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, risk management, and contracting through Ascension's own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Mary's Health System-IN, you will have the opportunity to provide support treatment, care and evaluation of patients on scene and during transport.
- Arrives to the scene of an emergency, determines the situation, and develops a plan of action.
- Uses appropriate medical equipment and comprehends the severity of the injury.
- Monitors patient condition and performs data collection. Communicates findings and patient condition to primary Registered Nurse (RN).
- Assists with the mobilization, ambulation and transport of patients.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date. American Red Cross Professional CPR/AED Rescuer accepted during onboarding
- One or more of the following:
- Emergency Medical Tech credentialed from the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Emergency Medical Tech credentialed from the Indiana Department of Homeland Security obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Drivers License credentialed from the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles. With acceptable driving record
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify links below for more information.
Right to Work