Patient Care Technician, Orthopedics, Full-Time, Night Shift
Posted on Sep 16, 2020 by Ascension
Patient Care Technician, Orthopedics, Full-Time, Night Shift position has become availible at our Saint Thomas/Ascension Rutherford Hospital in Murfreesboro, TN. Do not let this great opportunity to start your career with Saint Thomas/Ascension slip by. Apply today and join our care team caring for your local community of Murfreesboro, and its surrounding areas. At Saint Thomas/Ascension, we are dedicated to a spiritually-centered, holistic approach that sustains, and improves, the health of individuals and communities in our region. Saint Thomas/Ascension believes in empowering its Associates to deliver quality-care while meeting the needs of the whole person; treating, body, mind, and spirit. We are seeking Associates that possess a caring and compassionate personality that aligns with our Mission and Core Values in serving our patients. If this sounds like you, and you are looking for a Patient Care Technician, Orthopedics, Full-Time, Night Shift, we encourage you to apply today. We look forward to meeting you!
Technician-Patient Care PCT - Orthopedics Unit 001 - Full-Time,Night - St Thomas Rutherford Hospital - Murfreesboro,TN
Why Join Ascension?
In Tennessee, Ascension's Saint Thomas Health operates nine hospitals in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, clinics and rehabilitation facilities covering a 68-county area and employing more than 8,000 associates. Across the state, Saint Thomas Health provides a wide variety of inpatient and outpatient services. The clinical programs and medical facilities are continuously updated to meet both the changing needs of the community and the challenges posed by innovations in technology.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2019, Ascension provided $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes more than 150,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care - including 150 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities - in 20 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including clinical and network services, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, risk management, and contracting through Ascension's own group purchasing organization.
Why Choose Murfreesboro to work and live?
You have a wide range of educational institutions within two and a hlaf hours of Murfreesboro. These institutions include, but not limited too; Middle Tennessee State University (MTSU) located right in Murfreesboro, Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Lipscomb University in Nashville, Belmont University in Nashville, Tennessee State University in Nashville, Trivecca Nazerine University in Nashville, Nashville State Community College of Applied Sciences, East Tennesse StateUniversity in Johnson City, TN, and University of Tennessee in Knoxville.
You will reside 30 minutes from Nashville. Nashville is the place to be to hear live music and is home to some of America's most exciting music attractions like the Grand Ole Opry and the Country Music Hall of Fame. Nashvillians can be found enjoying the Cumberland river or out swimming in one of the many lakes surrounding the city, attending a Titans or Predators game, or eating the Nashville famous hot chicken. Nashville prides itself in its education system and is often called the "Athens of the South" because of the amazing universities in the city such as Vanderbilt or Belmont to name a few. Nashville has more accolades than you can count, but several recent most notable ones include:
- Nashville was named number one for America's Best Cities for Beer and Brewery Tours and is in the top 10 for Best Foodie Vacations in America by TripAdvisor (2019)
- Nashville was named in the Top 15 Best Places to Live (US News and World Report 2019)
- Cond Nast Traveler included Nashville in their 20 Best Places To Go In The World list (2020)
- Forbes places Nashville in their list of Top 10 American Cities for Family-Friendly Travel . (June 2019)
- The following categories of South's Best 2019 by Southern Living included Nashville: The South's Best Cities, The South's Friendliest Cities, The South's Best Food Cities. (2019)
- SoundWaves at Opryland was named in TIME Magazine's list of The World's 100 Greatest Places of 2019 . (August 2019)
- Forbes Travel Guide included Nashville on their list of The Top 20 Destinations for 2020 . (December 2019)
- The Nashville Predators were named The Best Franchise in Sports by ESPN. (2017)
- Nashville is Sports Business Journal's Best Sports City . (2019)
- The Academy of Country Music® announced the Industry Award winners of the 54th Academy of Country Music Awards™ for Venue of the Year as Ryman Auditorium (small capacity), Ascend Amphitheater (medium capacity), and Bridgestone Arena (large capacity). (May 2019)
- Ryman Auditorium is listed on Rolling Stone's 10 Best Live Music Venues in America roundup. (December 2018)
- "I Believe in Nashville" Mural and John Seigenthaler Pedestrian Bridge named in Most Instagram-able Destinations in the U.S (Tripadvisor 2019)
Reside one and a half hours from Chattanooga, TN.; also know as the "Scenic City". Chattanooga provides a combination of city and mountain life in its set ting along the Tennessee River at the base of the Appalacian Mountains. It is the home of the largest freash water aquarium in the world! Come see why Chattanooga is the best town to explore with its many caverns, Rock City, Lookout Mountain, Ruby Falls, amazing rock climbing, longest pedestrian bridge, home of the delicious "Moonpie", the steepest passenger railway in the waorld, and much more.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Saint Thomas Health Svcs-TN, you will have the opportunity to
Perform basic clinical and non-clinical patient care activities under supervision.
- Aid with movement and placement of patients.
- Assist patients with tending to personal care and activities of daily living.
- Report findings or changes in physical, mental and emotional conditions to nursing staff. Document necessary records.
- Keep patient rooms clean, orderly, and maintains medical equipment.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. For current incumbents as of 4/30/18, BLS required upon expiration of Heart Saver.
- High school diploma or GED required
- None required.
Saint Thomas Health Services complies with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring or employment practices on the basis of citizenship, race, color, religion, gender, age, national and ethnic origin, disability, or veteran status.
No question or item on this application for employment is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Information obtained through this application will be used solely to determine qualifications and suitability for employment. This application will be valid for a period of 90 days from date of completion.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify links below for more information.
Right to Work