NA Nursing Assistant - Ortho Neuro Trauma
Posted on Sep 16, 2020 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Title: Nursing Assistant
Department: Ortho Neuro Trauma
Schedule: 36 hours weekly, Full-Time Nights 7:00PM-7:00AM
Location: St. John Medical Center, Tulsa, OK
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension St. John, based in Tulsa, Oklahoma, was founded in 1926 by the Sisters of the Sorrowful Mother. Beginning with a 50-bed hospital, Ascension St. John now incorporates the skills of more than 800 primary care and specialty physicians, 7,000 employees and several medical centers throughout northeastern Oklahoma.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2019, Ascension provided $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes more than 150,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care - including 150 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities - in 20 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including clinical and network services, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, risk management, and contracting through Ascension's own group purchasing organization.
Why Work for Ascension St. John
- Power of Purpose : For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It's an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Culture of Teamwork : We encourage diversity of talent and thought; while offering the support of a multidisciplinary team. We work to build teams that respect each other. A team that respects each other feels good. We are on a mission to help people feel good, patients and associates.
- Compensation/Benefits : At Ascension, we care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
If you are looking for a place to work that will take your career to new heights, St. John Health System is for you. Our people are what makes the difference. Our associates commit themselves daily to our mission of providing spiritually center - holistic care to all, especially those that are poor and vulnerable.
What You Will Do
As an associate with St John Health System, you will have the opportunity to assist with basic patient care activities.
- Assist with procedures ordered by physician and supervised by a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Assist in providing care appropriate to population specific facilitating timely and individualized care of assigned patients.
- Assist patients with tending to personal care, activities of daily living and transfers/transport.
- Report findings or changes in physical, mental and emotional conditions to nursing staff.
- Assist with keeping patient rooms clean and orderly.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify links below for more information.
Right to Work