LPN - Licensed Practical Nurse Endoscopy
Posted on Sep 16, 2020 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Department: Endoscopy GI
Schedule: Part-Time, 8:00AM-4:30PM. Required to take late tech duties once a week. Weekend call every 5th weekend.
Location: St. John Medical Center, Tulsa, OK
As an LPN with the Enoscopy team you will assist Physician at bedside with Endoscopic Procedures. Also, cross train to assist in RN in Recovery with post procedural patients. Must have exceptional team player attitude and professionalism.
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension St. John, based in Tulsa, Oklahoma, was founded in 1926 by the Sisters of the Sorrowful Mother. Beginning with a 50-bed hospital, Ascension St. John now incorporates the skills of more than 800 primary care and specialty physicians, 7,000 employees and several medical centers throughout northeastern Oklahoma.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2019, Ascension provided $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes more than 150,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care - including 150 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities - in 20 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including clinical and network services, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, risk management, and contracting through Ascension's own group purchasing organization.
At Ascension, we provide a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It's an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talent and thought; while offering the support of a multidisciplinary team. We work to build teams that respect each other. A team that respects each other feels good. We are on a mission to help people feel good, patients and associates.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
What You Will Do
As an associate with St John Health System, you will have the opportunity to provide care to patients under the direction of a registered nurse or physician, functioning within scope of license.
- Contribute to the assessment of patients and assure the well-being of patients.
- Administer medications and observe patients for adverse reactions to medications or treatments.
- Perform laboratory tests and therapeutic services.
- Educate patients/families about disease treatment plan including self care post discharge, holistic health needs, available resources and follow up care.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse credentialed from the Oklahoma Board of Nursing.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. John Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)