RN Nursing Manager - Emergency Department
Posted on Sep 16, 2020 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
RN Nursing Manager - Emergency Department 001 - Full-Time,Day - St. Vincent Kokomo Hospital - Kokomo,IN
Why Join Ascension?
In Indiana, St. Vincent operates 24 hospitals in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, and clinics. St. Vincent's more than 15,000 associates and 3,000 providers offer expertise in a wide range of services including acute/long-term acute care, bariatrics, cancer care, cardiovascular services, emergency/trauma services, neuroscience, orthopedics, pediatric services, primary care, urgent/immediate care, women's health and more. St. Vincent has been serving central and southern Indiana for 145 years.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2019, Ascension provided $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes more than 150,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care - including 150 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities - in 20 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including clinical and network services, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, risk management, and contracting through Ascension's own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Vincent Health-IN, you will have the opportunity to manages activities, workflow and nursing resources of assigned nursing unit(s).
- Ensures compliance with regulatory and accreditation requirements for self and within unit.
- Conducts hiring, training, directing, development and evaluating of staff.
- Identifies and resolves issues affecting the delivery of patient care services for the assigned unit(s). Develops and implements policies and procedures to guarantee efficient and effective delivery of health services in a unit.
- Monitors and adheres to budget. Approves or monitors expenditures, purchases and other actions to ensure compliance with budget guidelines.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Indiana Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing with experience required
Bachelors in Nursing
- 3 years of experience required. 1 year of leadership or management experience required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify links below for more information.
Right to Work
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.