Registered Nurse (RN) - Renal Dialysis
Posted on Sep 16, 2020 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Job Title:Registered Nurse (RN)
Department: Renal Dialysis Unit
Location: St Thomas West Hospital - Nashville,TN
competitive hourly pay, 403b & free parking offered
The mission and values of Saint Thomas West is well established, and fosters a caring environment felt by both staff and patients. Come be part of an organization that gives you a voice and the opportunity for career growth within the health care system!
Why Join Ascension?
More Than a Job: Working for Ascension is more than just a job. It's a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for residents, team members, and the community.
Strength in our People: At Ascension, we believe our people are our strength and we invest in them. We strongly support a work-life balance and you will benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, and training.
Mission and Values: As a community, we welcome all faiths, and are inspired by the mission and values of Ascension, to provide high-quality, compassionate, personalized care with dignity, especially to those in our communities who are most in need. This guiding vision is the cornerstone of who we are as a company: national, nonprofit and patient-focused.
What You Will Do
Come be part of a team that is fast-paced, innovative, and feels like a family. We are proud to have a successful and growing Renal Team, as our associated nursing unit cares for both donors and recipients. As a 7B nurse, you will be specially trained how to care for Peritoneal Dialysis. We care for a variety of patients and collaborate with surgeons and specialists to ensure the best outcome
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Tennessee Board of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license recognition "Compact State" obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- None required.
- At least 6 months working in a hospital setting highly preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Saint Thomas Health Services complies with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring or employment practices on the basis of citizenship, race, color, religion, gender, age, national and ethnic origin, disability, or veteran status.
No question or item on this application for employment is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Information obtained through this application will be used solely to determine qualifications and suitability for employment. This application will be valid for a period of 90 days from date of completion.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify links below for more information.
Right to Work