Field Engineering Manager
Posted on Sep 16, 2020 by Leidos
Leidos is seeking a dynamic Field Engineering Manager for the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) program in support of a team at Fort Bliss, TX. The Leidos Team Lead is responsible for providing THAAD system support through engineering solutions, consulting, corrective actions, oversight and integration support of existing hardware, software, network configurations and new system modifications. Additional responsibilities to sustain customer missions at remote or deployed sites may be required.
The candidate will serve as Team Manager for up to five team members including Field Engineers and Logistics personnel to provide field and sustainment support to THAAD. The candidate will also support multiple subject areas including property management, training, logistics, and personnel management. Management responsibilities may include analyzing training needs and developing programs to address them; developing schedules and identifying support requirements; and managing delivery of internal and externally provided processes and procedures. Providing On-The-Job training and qualifying team members for field support duties. Providing measurable input to new products, processes or standards based on customer or company need.
The candidate will communicate with personnel and organizations within and outside of own organization. Requires the ability to influence others outside of their own area on policies, practices and procedures. Provides input to hiring, firing, promotion, performance and rewards decisions for direct reports. Requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and teams. Should have advanced knowledge and skills in a specific technical area within the THAAD scope. Must understand the impact of decisions and work on other areas within the customer footprint. The selected candidate will be required to transport and maintain tactical equipment. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. The successful candidate may be required to work overtime and non-standard shifts as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in a related discipline with at least 8 - 12 years of experience, or equivalent experience/combined education.
- Must have a practical knowledge of the professional discipline, typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience, and has a general understanding of industry practices and standards.
- Currently be a CLS team member with at least two years' experience in the job profile.
- Experience in the direct management of teams between 5-10 personnel.
- Minimum two years experience managing a product for a government customer.
- Excellent communication skills and experience working with military and government personnel at all levels.
- Must possess and maintain a SECRET clearance.
- Must possess and maintain a Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
- Must possess and maintain a CompTIA Security+ certification; must possess or be able to obtain and maintain a CompTIA A+ and Network+ certification within six months of hire IAW DoD 8570.01-M.
- Must meet deployment standards as set forth in, but not limited to, DoD Instruction 3020.41, Operational Contract Support, and AR 715-9, Operational Contract Support Planning and Management.
- Must possess a valid U.S. Passport with no restrictions on travel.
- Knowledge of Physical Security standards and practices (AR 190-13), and COMSEC & CCI handling and utilization.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Agile Scrum Master certified
- Training related to leadership/team building
- A minimum, four years of experience in either the operations or tactics of the THAAD system and currently assigned to the THAAD program.
- Demonstrated ability to master new technical and training applications within a short time.
- Experience and knowledge of US Army Air and Missile Defense operations.
- Experience and knowledge of US Army Supply and Logistics systems and practices.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.