Digital Engineering Ecosystem Senior Manager
Posted on Sep 16, 2020 by Perspecta
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions.
Be part of a fast-paced, high energy, team as an early adopter and leader in the digital transformation of systems engineering. To engineer increasingly complex systems and capabilities, the government is transforming legacy systems engineering methods and processes. Central to the transformation is the adoption of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) as the means to manage complexity, increase engineering quality, and ultimately drive cost and schedule efficiencies into the acquisition process. As an industry leader in systems engineering, Perspecta is seeking candidates who can help lead the transformation through application of MBSE industry best practices, develop MBSE processes and methodologies to deliver effective mission solutions, and apply MBSE experience to modeling mission systems.
This position presents a unique opportunity to work shoulder-to-shoulder with our customers and collaborate with teams where you will provide technical guidance to the customer and IT leadership for implementation of MBSE tools solutions for their most challenging projects. The successful candidate will be an exceptionally strong communicator both written and verbally, and will lead multi-discipline, highly technical project initiatives. The ideal candidate will be experienced in IT systems security, developing MBSE IT tool solutions, and enabling the transformation to digital engineering. Successful candidates will have a strong program and personnel management background, be detail driven and have excellent problem-solving abilities.
In addition to leadership responsibilities, the chosen candidate will also have individual contributor responsibilities providing IT solutions for digital engineering and guidance on digital engineering processes.
Technical positions duties will include:
- Lead teams developing digital engineering tool solutions, maintaining and sustaining existing IT tools, and working closely with the customer to define future MBSE IT tool solutions.
- Frequent client interactions, and support digital engineering strategy development across the various offices.
- Collaborate closely across offices within both the Office of Digital Engineering and the larger enterprise.
- Define and demonstrate IT solutions that support COTS, GOTS, and Open Source technologies required to manage the customer data needs. These items are technical resources in the development of customer mission-based models to support major acquisitions.
- Integrate enterprise tools and develop MBSE-based processes to support requirements engineering, the customer's ERB process, CONOPS and architecture development, Risk, Issues and Opportunity Management boards, schedule management, test and verification strategy development, and system integration of new initiatives in support of expanded mission capabilities.
- Facilitate collaborative meetings between the MBSE users and the tool development team to communicate modeling needs and help innovate potential solutions.
- Provides technical advice and guidance to senior managers regarding the creation and implementation of new MBSE tools and techniques.
- Participates in shaping and acquiring follow-on business associated with areas of responsibility and supports new business development personally, or through subordinate direct reports
- Requires BA/BS with 12+ years of experience with at least 4 years of management level responsibility. Incumbent has specialized knowledge in at least one area of expertise and a general knowledge in 1-2 other areas.
- Must have an active TS/SCI and ability to pass a Polygraph.
- Must possess CISSP certification.
- Fully embrace mentoring and development of subordinate personnel, and a commitment to continuous learning.
- Experience managing technical and matrixed teams.
- Highly organized especially with project plans.
- Strong business acumen; ability to relate professionally inside the work environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of IT security management and IT system maintenance and sustainment activities.
- Experience with systems engineering processes in support of system life cycle development.
- Experience in MBSE implementation ranging from conceptual to physical implementations; including Data Modeling, Data Ingest, and model query.
- Demonstrated communication skills especially with tools developers and senior government officials.
- Commitment to recognize, understand, respect and operate effectively within various SETA, FFRDC, and Government lines of authority.
- Proven adaptability and experience with daily interaction on-site with the government customers.
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).