Registered Nurse (RN) - Resource Float Pool PRN
Posted on Sep 16, 2020 by Methodist Hospital Texsan
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Here at Methodist Healthcare, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
We want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition reimbursement/ Educational assistance
- Moving, mortgage, and real estate assistance
- 100% matching 401k based on years of service
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Our PRN Staff is eligible to participate in our 401K Program
We are seeking Nurses for our Resource Float Pool to ensure we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
Our Registered Nurses have access to a variety of resources to help you reach your goals including:
- A comprehensive orientation process
- Valuable mentorship from specialty specific educators
- Leadership development programs
- State-of-the-art units equipped with the latest technologies in patient care.
Resource Float Pool offers the following
- Work in an inpatient unit throughout the Hospital floating to areas where you may have competencies.
- Becoming part of a team oriented team goal driven unit.
- The ability to learn and be cross trained clinical skills that will add to your experience as a nurse
- 5:1 RN to Patient ratio in some areas as well as critical units with 3or 4: 1
- Work with a variety of patients ranging from Ortho and Neuro, as well as critical care patients should you have the competencies.
- Encouragement to participate in community events.
Critical factors to your success include:
- Consistently apply the nursing process, critical thinking skills, scientific judgment, technical skills and leadership to independently deliver safe nursing care to patients.
- Collaborating with the patient care team to achieve quality patient outcomes
- Communication, confidence, and professionalism as evidenced by active engagement in unit and organizational activities
- Demonstrate team work, adaptability, and serving as a resource to the patient care team
- Accountability for delivering quality nursing care services and promoting a positive image of nursing
Graduate of an accredited diploma, associates, or baccalaureate degree nursing program
Current RN License in the State of Texas or Multi-State Compact License (Employees with RN Compact License are required to obtain Texas RN License within 90 days of hire date)
- Current American Heart Association BLS Certification
Methodist Texsan Hospital is a full service acute care hospital specializing in cardiovascular and orthopedic services. As an advanced center for cardiac care, we are certified in chest pain and heart failure with comprehensive cardiac services including research and clinical trials. Using state-of-the-art technology such as our robotics program, our orthopedic services, including the Joint Replacement Academy and the Center for Spine, boast some of the best clinical results in the industry. Methodist Texsan Hospital's 30 bed inpatient rehabilitation unit is the largest in the Methodist Healthcare network of hospitals and takes a team approach to providing excellent care for its patients. Our Level IV trauma emergency service is a leader in San Antonio in patient experience and efficiency and is currently undergoing a significant expansion to better serve our community.
Methodist Texsan Hospital is licensed for 120 beds and is the first hospital in San Antonio to receive the Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval for Chest Pain Certification. Methodist Texsan was also the first Methodist hospital to receive certification from the Joint Commission in Hip and Knee Replacement and the HeartCare Center Distinction of Excellence from the American College of Cardiology. The American Association of Critical-Care Nurses recognized the Intensive Care Unit at Methodist Texsan Hospital with the Silver Beacon Award for Excellence, one of only a few units in Texas to receive this award. The hospital has also been recognized by Modern Healthcare's Best Places to Work in Healthcare for 3 years in a row. For more information on how to join this amazing place to work, please visit our website at and select Methodist Texsan Hospital under Locations.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1- option 1.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.