Operating Room Registered Nurse Orthopedics
Posted on Sep 16, 2020 by Swedish Medical Center
SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career as an OR Registered Nurse (RN) at Swedish Medical Center (HealthONE / HCA). Submit your application today!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At HealthONE / HCA, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match - 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
As an Operating Room (OR) Registered Nurse (RN), you will be part of an amazing interdisciplinary team environment. You will contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our Surgical Services team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
Here is some of what you can expect from being an OR Registered Nurse with us:
- You will oversee and direct the care of the surgical patient.
- You will bring your OR Nurse specialized skills to serve specific age groups, which may include adult, adolescent, geriatric, or pediatric populations.
- You will prepare for each procedure and/or surgery by ensuring there is adequate stock, and appropriate equipment available in areas as assigned.
- You will assist with post procedure workload including cleaning room between procedures, putting away all unused supplies & setting up for the next procedure.
- You will teach, supervise, and serve as a resource person and delegates in accordance with the competency level of all staff members.
- You may rotate to areas other than OR, and will perform only those duties that you have demonstrated competency.
- Current licensure in the State of Colorado as a Registered Nurse, or current active multi-state Registered Nurse license.
- Basic Life Support certification through the American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
- One (1) year minimum experience in the Perioperative (OR) setting is required.
- Level I Trauma Center
- Three Emergency Rooms
- Multidisciplinary collaborative approach to learning in the OR
- 23 state-of-the-art operating rooms
- Center of Excellence for Neurosciences & Regional Neurotrauma Referral Center
- Support provided for OR Nurses to attend annual AORN Conference & Expo
- Close relationship with nearby Craig Rehabilitation Hospital (National top 10 rehab hospital)
- Radio Frequency Identification for patient tracking (RFID)
- OR Tracker
- UDI tissue tracker interface/integration with Meditech
- Trauma Surgery
- Neurosurgery including awake Deep Brain Stimulation
- General/Colon & Rectal Surgery
- Foregut/Esophageal Surgery
- Robotics (daVinci Xi robots, Mazor, Mako)
- Regional leader in Cochlear implants
- Advanced ENT
- Facial Trauma/Maxillofacial
- GYN/Oncology 5 star health grades
- Organ procurement/tissue donation
- Fully integrated, Swedish Orthopedic Center with 6 ORs
- MAKO robot for total knees
- Burn & Reconstructive Center
With stroke door to treatment times averaging just 20 minutes, Swedish serves as the Rocky Mountain Region's referral center for the most advanced stroke treatment, and was the state's first Joint Commission certified Comprehensive Stroke Center. Swedish also serves as the region's neurotrauma and orthopedic trauma provider and is the area's only level I trauma facility with a dedicated burn and reconstructive center. Over 150 facilities regularly transfer highly complex cases to Swedish.
Swedish Medical Center offers patients the highest quality care and the most advanced technologies and treatments in nearly every medical specialty including adult and pediatric emergency, heart care, neurology/neurosurgery, pregnancy and childbirth, orthopedics and joint replacement, cancer care, gastroenterology and liver care, gynecology and urology.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified, you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1- option 1.