Cath Lab Float Pool RN - Vail Health & TMCA
Posted on Sep 16, 2020 by The Medical Center of Aurora
DescriptionSHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
At HCA/HealthONE and the Medical Center of Aurora, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match - 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- You will assume responsibility for the routine care and maintenance of radiological equipment, in addition, assumes responsibility for quality patient care, maintenance of required cath lab competencies and assistance in all aspects of invasive, or non-invasive cardiac procedures.
- Your role will be able to explain all procedures to patients to help alleviate anxiety.
- You will have the ability to work within a team environment with individuals having similar abilities and responsibilities, as well as you must be willing to assume "on call" assignments and return to facility within 30 minutes for emergency cases.
- Your role will have the ability to handle emergency situations during high-risk procedures and you must be willing to provide discretion and confidentiality in word and action.
- You will interact with physicians during routine procedures, during emergencies and to assist with interpretation of and recording of data collected.
- Your role gives primary and critical patient care and administers necessary medications per doctor's orders, per physician's extender, while patient is in the lab.
- You will manage and communicate regarding pre-procedure patient preparation, as well as about post procedure processes including recovery and outpatient appointments, discharge information regarding medication, lifestyle, activities, and care of the surgical site.
What are the needed qualifications of a Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory Nurse?
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing
- Current Colorado Registered Nurse License with current BLS, ACLS, and PALS Certification through the American Heart Association or American Red Cross
- 2-3 years of experience in a specialty unit (Critical Care, ED, PACU, or Radiology) preferred. 3 - 5 years experience in critical care for Tier IV Super Float Pool
- Proficiency in cardiology nursing procedures and skills, including cardiac dysrhythmia interpretation preferred
- Knowledge of cardiovascular anatomy, physiology, hemodynamic, and rhythm interpretation preferred
- Interventional Radiology
- Cardiac Cath Lab
- Vail Medical Center
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1- option 1.