Sr OEM Sales Representative - Northern CA
Posted on Sep 16, 2020 by Thermo Fisher Scientific
Now is an exciting time to join our Genetic Sciences business, our industry leading scale means unparalleled commercial reach, unique customer access and a global footprint. Our broad customer base, from research to clinical to commercial production means you can have a broad and meaningful impact. All while working in an environment where you will be supported, valued and rewarded for your performance. Join the team with unmatched depth of capabilities and help our customers solve some of the world's toughest challenges from the fight against COVID-19 to Zika to many others.
How will you make an impact?
The Sr OEM Sales Representative will Identify, evaluate and execute potential new business opportunities to sell the Company's products to other companies to be used by them on an OEM basis and/or license Company's intellectual property to third parties.
This is a field- based position in California.
What will you do?
- Build partnership relationships with OEM customers for Genetic Science and Genetic Testing Solutions
- Develop and execute on molecular diagnostic strategy that aligns to the business unit's strategy.
- Identify and evaluate potential new business opportunities to sell the Company's products and capabilities to diagnostic customers on a commercial supply basis.
- Initiate and develop productive client relationships at top levels (C-level, VPs and Directors) with client companies and at multiple levels within them (scientist, project manager, manages), as may be necessary to forge multi-year mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Actively participate on, and may lead, cross-functional teams to execute on client opportunities that include adept coordination of legal, licensing, manufacturing, marketing, R&D, etc
- Determine client needs, respond to inquiries, and resolve problems in a timely fashion. Investigates product issues and ensures satisfactory resolution of customer complaints. Develop business cases for customized solutions.
- Leverage genomic technology platforms (sample prep, qPCR, sequencing, Next Generation sequencing, micro-arrays) and the components of their workflows to create high value solutions for the IVD and CE-IVDR regulated clinical diagnostics markets.
Bachelor's degree in any life science, or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Advanced degree and/or MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, including lead development, negotiation of supply agreements, sales funnel management, product development/commercialization and competitive market research.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams without being the manager both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer applications, including word processing, spreadsheet, and slide presentations required.
- Ability to interact with all levels of company employees as well as frequent interaction with potential partners/alliances.
- Travel required (up to 50%)
- Ability to effectively negotiate with and influence potential clients, partners, vendors, and internal staff required.
- Ability to effectively shift priorities and work at a rapid pace required. Proven relationship building skills required.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, articulating, listening, and questioning skills required.
- Knows the fundamental concepts of intellectual property, patents and contract law.
- Knowledge of IVD regulations, CLIA and manufacturing quality standards.
- Advanced knowledge of molecular biology and, specifically, of Company products.
- Excellence technical expertise needed on Genetic Analysis instruments (Capillary electrophoresis sequencing, qPCR, Next Generation Sequencing, micro-array).