Material Handler Il -night shift
Posted on Sep 16, 2020 by Thermo Fisher Scientific
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Job Title: Material Handling Clerk
Reports To: Supervisor, Distribution
Group/Division: Specialty Diagnostics Group / Microbiology Division
Career Band: 1-3
Job Track: Associate
Position Location: Lenexa, KS
Day/Shift (if applicable): Nights
FLSA Status (Exempt/Non-Exempt): Non-Exempt
Responsible for the shipping of hazardous finished goods to our customers and assisting in the areas of receiving, shipping and warehousing as needed.
Band 1: Key Competencies and Training
- Receive and check-in products in a timely fashion upon arrival from vendors and CDC, sometimes working at table/cart heights of approximately 36 inches.
- Sort parcels and materials received or returned and handling appropriately to avoid damage.
- Check parcels and materials received, noting defects or damages.
- Be able to order raw materials for production via internet and Microsoft Access.
- Handle dangerous goods as needed with caution and safety.
- Count items accurately.
- Fill out forms as needed, producing neat handwriting and legible signature.
- Transfer released product from a quarantined location to a shippable bin.
- Stock and space product, reaching up to but not limited to 105 inches high and grasping and gripping. May require use of machinery in receiving.
- Operate forklift according to proper safety guidelines.
- Perform inventory duties as needed.
- Deliver packages received to appropriate REMEL employees.
- Work cooperatively with coworkers and efficiently with little supervision, communicating verbally or in writing any discrepancies.
- Keep work area clean and free of packaging materials.
- Arrive to work on time, work during scheduled work hours and
- Report any actual or potential safety hazards to the Supervisor, Human Resources, Safety Specialist or Senior Management.
- Complete Training:
- Valuing Diversity and Inclusion - Thermo Fisher University
- Obtain Certifications: Powered Industrial Truck (PIT) Certification
Band 2: Competencies
- All duties listed in Material Handler Band 1
- Raw materials receipting.
- Chemical and blood: labeling, stocking and inventory control.
Band 3: Competencies and Training
- Includes all duties listed in:
- Driver & Material Handling Band 2
- Inventory Control Specialist I
- Document Compliance Tech II
- Back Up Lead Functions:
- Conduct On-Boarding Orientations
- Job assignment creation
- Leading standup
- Metrics reporting
- Lift up to 25 pounds from floor to overhead in resale area using step ladder as needed.
- Lift or maneuver up to 100 pounds in receiving and raw materials areas.
- Push and pull up to approximately 100 pound-forces on pallet jack. Repetition of approximately 15 times per day.
- Walk and stand up to three (3) hours at a time, up to 10 hours a day with frequent squatting, stooping, kneeling, bending and twisting at waist and occasionally climbing on step stool.
- Push or pull products on a cart with an approximate weight of up to 45 pounds of force to push and 50 pounds to pull.
- Possess High School Diploma from an accredited higher learning institution or Equivalent
- Possess basic knowledge of English and math and ability to read.
- Ability to navigate and understand basic computer programs
- Possess basic inventory skills of product identification and counting.
- Valid driver's license.
- Work overtime as needed due to customer requirements.