Distribution Team Leader, Night Shift
Posted on Sep 16, 2020 by Thermo Fisher Scientific
Distribution Team Leader, Night Shift - Lenexa, KS
Our team in Lenexa, KS is at the heart of the global response to COVID-19. Given the significant demand for COVID-19 testing, Thermo Fisher is expanding our capacity in Lenexa with a new $40 million facility dedicated to viral transport media (VTM) for COVID-19 sample collection. We are hiring more than 300 new team members to join us in this effort.
- Full-Time Employment Opportunities - Complete with full medical/dental benefits and more
- Redesigned/Expanded site - Refresh of existing site + a nearby new facility
Interested? We are growing and want you to grow with us! Join us today! Check out our site and hear from some of our team members .
What will you do?
As one of our valued Distribution Team Leaders working on a 12-hour rotational shift, you'll help support our commitment to increase production of 8M viral transport media tubes a week for the testing and diagnosis of COVID-19 in our communities and around the world by leading a team of warehouse personnel in Distribution
- You'll hire, train, and supervise great talent
- You'll help them grow and develop through performance reviews and coaching
- You'll manage receiving personnel, material handlers, a shipping clerk, a materials and certification lead, and outbound shipping personnel
- You'll engage with various carriers on both the inbound and outbound side of the operation
- You'll review and update Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) ensuring consistent and reliable processes and procedures comply with all regulations and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- You'll be a safety advocate by creating and maintaining a safe work environment, engaging your team in safe working habits and conditions
- You'll continuously assess, implement and maintain our safety and ergonomic high standards
- You'll track, monitor, and analyze operational performance to improve quality, reduce waste, and improve efficiencies
- You'll investigate and help solve operational problems
- You'll ensure inventories are accurate, material is flowing through the facility (from receiving to manufacturing, quality, and shipping) correctly, kanbans are working properly, and documentation is accurate
- You'll ensure shipments to customers are fulfilled accurately and on time
- You'll promote operational effectiveness by partnering with other teams and shifts to maintain or improve the quality of our products, customer satisfaction, and on time deliveries
- You'll maintain work areas within the spirit and guidelines of 5S in accordance with Lean manufacturing and company guidelines
- You'll use business system tools for continuous improvement of processes
- You'll operate powered industrial trucks
- You'll have a bachelor's degree preferably in engineering, science, or business OR 2+ years of experience working in a distribution environment
- You'll be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and be comfortable standing for long periods of time (around 12 hours a day)
- You'll preferably have leadership experience
- You'll preferably have experience working in SAP, Blue Jay, Microsoft Office Products and lean operations environments
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.