Security Operations Center Specialist
Posted on Sep 16, 2020 by Akamai Technologies
Security Operations Center Specialist - Americas Security Services
Are you excited by the prospect of detecting and mitigating the latest cyber attacks?
Would you enjoy protecting the world's leading brands in a fast-paced environment?
Work with industry-leading technology
Our industry-leading Security Operations Centre (SOC) protects our customers 24/7 against the growing threat of cyber-attacks and cyber terrorism. Partnering with other technical services teams we detect and mitigate attacks and help customers manage their online traffic - we are the world leader in Distributed Denial of Service mitigation.
Partner with the best
Providing rapid response attack detection, analysis and network troubleshooting, you will work directly with our customers to resolve their issues when under attack. Supporting some of the world's leading brands and dealing with the highest internet traffic you will be providing security support in a uniquely varied and fast-paced environment.
As a Security Operations Center Specialist - Americas Security Services you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring all delivered changes to our platforms are accurate, well tested and peer reviewed
- Maintaining customer happiness satisfaction? by providing product analysis for reviews and providing best practice recommendations
- Assessing and analyzing customer web applications and web traffic by creating proactive traffic reports to help identify threats and potential vulnerabilities
- Consulting with security peers to assist in meeting and answering technical questions from the customer when providing solutions
Do what you love
To be successful in this role you will:
- Demonstrate general exposure to security technologies, processes, and concepts of network security
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills to articulate highly technical information in a clear and easy to understand manner
- Be able to act as a trusted consultant, available to assist our customers in developing their long-term web application security strategy
- Enjoy working in a team with a real can-do attitude
- Enjoy working under pressure while demonstrating technical aptitude and sound knowledge of web applications
- Have knowledge of various security packages, attack types and have an awareness of the white hat/black hat/grey hat communities and their tools
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. Please discuss your preferred working patterns with the recruiter during the process.
Working with us
At Akamai, we're curious, innovative, collaborative and tenacious. We celebrate diversity of thought and we hold an unwavering belief that we can make a meaningful difference. Our teams use their global perspectives to put customers at the forefront of everything they do, so if you are people-centric, you'll thrive here.
Working for you
At Akamai, we will provide you with opportunities to grow, flourish, and achieve great things. Our benefit options are designed to meet your individual needs for today and in the future. We provide benefits surrounding all aspects of your life:
· Your health
· Your finances
· Your family
· Your time at work
· Your time pursuing other endeavours
Our benefit plan options are designed to meet your individual needs and budget, both today and in the future.
Innovating on a global scale, we deliver our customers a fast, smart and secure intelligent edge platform. Working against a backdrop of digital collaboration, our highly skilled team drive progressive solutions that have the scope to transform entertainment, business, and life in ways that we have yet to imagine.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will challenge and inspire you!
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.