Community Practice Manager
Posted on Sep 16, 2020 by UT Southwestern Medical Center
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
This position is accountable for the day to day management of the operations within a community practice or practices that are affiliated with and staffed by UT Southwestern Medical Center. This will be for North Dallas Shared Ministries located at 2875 Merrell Rd, Dallas, TX 75229
Experience and Education
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Nursing, Health Care Administration, Allied Health, or related field; and, three (3) years responsible administrative experience in patient care environment to include two (2) years supervisory experience required.
Community Health/ Community Clinic experience preferred.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalent in lieu of stated minimums require prior approval of the Vice President for Human Resources, or his/her designee.
- Responsible for daily operations, staffing, and supervision of clinic staff.
- Manages and supervises clinic staff to achieve institutionally determined standards which include but are not limited to: effective communication with staff, providers, and patients; providing feedback; goal setting; responding to patient and staff needs; and mentoring and coaching staff to achieve performance improvement; and monitors work flow and ensures adherence to policies and procedures; recommends and/or implements changes as necessary to maintain efficiency.
- Works with Medical Director and Departmental leadership/ supervisor on programmatic development and associated key performance metrics. Arranges for appropriate call and escalation schedules as needed.
- Maintains high level of customer service to all internal and external customers by communicating performance standards and expectations to clinic staff; coaches, mentors and develops staff.
- Organizes and directs operational processes including: access to care, telephone service/ response times, clinic dwell times, practice and procedure changes, documentation optimization, cancellations/ postponed appointments, referral tracking and follow up, registration, quality control of correspondence, scheduling and staffing to ensure excellent patient care and service
- Establishes safeguards for effective patient confidentiality (HIPAA) and billing compliance. Implements processes to manage risk and prevent adverse events. Manages the requirements of federal, state, and local regulatory agencies in coordination with other health system offices.
- Monitors and manages operational processes including: performance of measures associated with the any applicable funding programming, reporting obligations, compliance with clinical policies and nursing practice, adherence to the National Patient Safety Goals, maintaining compliance with Joint Commission standards and PQRI and other clinical measure of performance, where applicable.
- Maintains patient confidentiality in accordance with university and departmental policy.
- Designs, executes, and maintains effective system of internal controls which provides reasonable assurance that operations are effective and efficient, and assets are safeguarded.
- Ensures compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Work requires knowledge of computers and office equipment.
- Work requires ability to ensure adherence to all policies and procedures of university, such as Human Resources policies and guidelines, accounting regulations, and internal control policies.
- Work requires ability to relieve supervisor of various internal administrative duties that require thorough understanding of functions, programs and policies of clinic.
- Work requires ability to coordinate and work independently.
- Work requires ability to communicate effectively with internal and external contacts on policies and procedures.
- Work requires skill in providing positive customer service environment.
- Work requires skill in applying excellent organizational skills.
- Work requires ability to work with confidential information on daily basis.
Work is performed primarily in general office/clinic area.
UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UT Southwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.