Posted on Sep 16, 2020 by Jenrick Commercial Limited
As a C++ Developer for this hugely successful Financial Services corporate based in the City of London, you will be joining an experienced team of Developers who have been instrumental in designing and building a successful Liabilities Pension Pricing Engine that has subsequently been adopted across much of the business.
With further development & enhancements to be designed, coded, tested and rolled out across the GUI, Back End and further improving functionality, the C++ Developer will spend much of their time working with C++ libraries (C++ 11/14 & Boost) together with opportunities to work with QT, Python, Excel - VBA, C#, Visual Studio, Shellscripts etc. Training on these secondary skills will be provided where necessary. The team work to the Agile Continuous Delivery methodologies.
Currently the company is working remotely so the team interaction is currently via Video meetings. With this arrangement likely for the foreseeable future, when the company does return to the office, the C++ Developer will work circa 2 days per week in the City office.
Along with developing software to perform liabilities calculations for the business, the C++ Developer will implement models for liabilities pricing and contribute to and maintain the liabilities library and user interfaces. This will involve design, test, and documentation.
- Technical or Numerate Degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong C++ skills are required. Modern C++ software development experience and coding skills, open source libraries (C+/14, Boost).
- Experience of building financial engineering systems using bespoke software solutions is very useful - specific experience in pensions and annuity modelling would be ideal
- Provision of designs and assistance with the requirements gathering of analytics and cash flow modelling functionality
- Useful secondary skills include C#, QT, VBA, Python, GUI design and/or development
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Excel experience with XLW or xlWings would be an advantage
- Knowledge of software development in analytical and model risk scenarios
- Proven ability to address and use initiative to deliver solutions to technical and business problems
- Proven experience in software or database systems development and/or support with experience of project life cycles and complex product installation, customisation and commissioning - as well as validation testing
- Capacity to estimate, manage own work and keep within plan
- Continuous Delivery toolkit; Source control, issue management software: Perforce, Subversion, JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins
- Experience with both Windows and Linux development environments and tooling is beneficial - Visual Studio, MSVC, GCC