Network Security Engineer
Posted on Sep 16, 2020 by Connected IT
Security Network Engineer (2 x vacancies)
We are looking for two Network Security Engineers to join a dynamic, forward thinking and rapidly expanding company. One engineer will be primarily focussed on routing/switching and the other on security.
As a Senior Network and Security Engineer, you will be designing and implementing a range of technologies, providing services to various enterprise level organisations. The role will be vast and provide huge opportunity to expand your skill set. Design/architecture experience isn't essential and training and development will be offered to successful candidates, including paid for professional certifications.
In the role you will design and implement network and security architecture including Routers, Switches, Firewalls, unified threat management, web filtering, web application Firewall, email security, two factor authentication and VPN technology. This is a high growth company offering real scope for progression and development. Remote working available but travel to customer sites is required (predominantly in the north of England, likely on average 2 days/week)
Ideal Skills and Experience (not all essential):
- Designing, Implementating and Supporting a range of Networking/Security products and services
- Cisco, Juniper, HP Aruba, Checkpoint or Fortinet experience
- Routing, switching, network installation/configuration/maintenance
- Fortinet/Fortigate/Cisco ASA/Any other Firewall
- Wireless/WAN/LAN/TCP/IP/Routing Protocols/L2/L3
- Fault diagnosis and ability to troubleshoot
- Any knowledge of the following would also be beneficial: web filtering, email security, unified threat management, two factor authentication, VPN, PCI-DSS, ISO27001, fibre technologies, radio, wicrowave, fibre
Most importantly, a positive attitude and the desire and ability to learn new technologies quickly is essential, as training and development (including professional certifications such as JNCIP/CCNP) will be invested in the successful Network Engineers.
The role as a network engineer will require a full, valid driving license in addition a disclosure and barring service (DBS) clearance is required before commencement as a network security engineer.
Please click apply now for a quick turnaround.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£40k - £50k Annual
£40k - £45k Annual
£50k - £65k Annual
£25k - £30k Annual
£50k - £60k Annual