FX & Rates Trader - Must be fluent in Manderin & English
Posted on Sep 16, 2020 by Reed Technology
EMG FX & Rates EMEA Trader - Investment Banking
A European Investment Bank based in London near Liverpool Street Station have a requirement for an experienced EMG FX & Rates EMEA Trader. This is a Permanent Role paying between £93,000 £125,000 + Benefits + Bonus. For this role you will need to be fluent in Mandarin and English to trade FX in the Asia Markets.
Responsible for trading within authorised trading limits on the EMG FX & Rates EMEA desk.
Strategy & Business Planning.
- Market make for customers in Emerging Trading desk
- Execute transactions in accordance with established risk management procedures and risk parameters.
- Formulate trading strategy and relate these to market opportunities.
- Be aware of all economic and financial data likely to affect the market and keep updated on market changes.
- Take views on future market developments and advise sales accordingly.
- Provide product pricing for both new products as well as specific client transactions. Pricing must ensure that the bank is adequately compensated for the level of principle risk and the amount of balance sheet it dedicates to specific transactions.
- Keep abreast of markets by reading the financial press and available economic research.
- Input all executed trades directly into Front Office Systems in a timely manner.
- Provide technical support and direction to more junior staff.
Management and Reporting
- Report Daily P&L, risk and key market movements to management by email.
- Report to the Head of EMG FX Rates EMEA Trading on an informal basis on the progress of the business and specific issues.
- In conjunction with the Head of EMG FX & Rates EMEA Trading, establish overall risk parameters.
- Manage and hedge the overall risk of the EMG FX & Rates EMEA portfolio on an intra and inter day basis.
- Ensure adherence with regards to position and risk limits.
- Ensure adherence to the overall risk limits, including both credit and market risk, as set for EMG FX & Rates EMEA desk.
- Ensure clear and where relevant documented delegation of these limits across various trading books as appropriate.
- Ensure adequate systems and information flow to allow monitoring and management of these risks.
- Ensure that other categories of risk to which the Company is exposed (eg legal, operational and reputational risk) are identified to the extent possible within acceptable levels.
If you feel that this is the next career step for you, please do apply