Accuracy Checking Pharmacy Technician
Posted on Sep 16, 2020 by Coop
£26,000 plus benefits (Grade F14)
Lea Green, St Helens
We're looking for accuracy checking pharmacy technicians to join our Co-op Health team and work in our warehouse dispensary checking the prescriptions before they're sent out to our customers. Co-op is pioneering a new, convenient way for customers to manage their own health securely and conveniently and there's never been a more exciting time to join us. Our new integration with NHS login means that even more people can now easily take charge of their repeat prescriptions in real time, without the need to visit a GP.
As an accuracy checking pharmacy technician, you'll follow all ethical, professional and legal pharmacy standards to make sure that every customer receives a safe, accurate and efficient medicine dispensing service. If you have the pharmacy dispensing qualification and outstanding attention to detail and accuracy we're after, we can offer you the opportunity to develop a career with a business that's driving healthcare innovation within our communities.
What you'll do
• make sure all prescriptions are endorsed, counted and filled accurately
• check prescriptions accurately, in line with standard operating procedures
• investigate dispensing errors and near misses, taking the appropriate remedial actions in agreement with the pharmacist
• protect and safeguard customer's and business' confidentiality, as per data protection regulations and policies
• deliver an excellent customer experience
• complete an accuracy check to make sure customers are getting the right products
• work closely and collaboratively with the team to improve store performance and deliver team's objectives
This role would suit people who have
• a valid HCA, Dispenser and NVQ3 dispensing qualification
• registered with the GPHC and fully compliant with GPHC CPD requirements
• a keen eye for detail and accuracy
• great communication and customer service skills, with the ability to expertly engage with customers
• a flexible approach to work, able to easily adapt in a fast-pace environment
• a talent for building positive relationships with colleagues and develop a culture of collaboration within the team
Here you'll do work that matters. We're a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you'll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You'll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We're actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment, so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at colleagues.coop.co.uk.
As part of your application you'll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£16.9 - £16.9 Hourly
£60 - £70 Daily
£18 - £35 Hourly
£60 - £70 Daily