Manager, Credit Risk, Analytics and Modelling, Financial Services, Aud
Posted on Sep 16, 2020 by Deloitte
Deloitte's UK Financial Services Audit and Assurance practice provides a full range of high value external audit services to many of the world's leading financial institutions, including banks, brokers, insurers, investment managers, investment and pension funds, private equity businesses and more.
Our Banking and Capital Markets Group is a dedicated team of 400+ professionals with deep technical accounting and financial reporting and audit skills, and a multi-disciplinary team of specialists advising on a range of topics to the banking and capital markets industry. Our portfolio of clients include some of the largest and most complex businesses that Deloitte work with. They are influential, exciting and at the heart of the UK economy. Given some recent high profile audit wins, we are looking to expand our team by adding high performing and ambitious new individuals. We are currently seeking an external audit Senior Manager to support our fast growing business at an interesting time for the financial services industry and the audit profession.
If you join our Credit Risk team, you will partner with world-renowned clients, helping them to leverage the power of their data to solve their most complex business challenges. You will be part of a market-leading team, bringing together people and insights from a variety of sources and backgrounds. You will work on cutting edge projects where no two days are the same, accelerating your learning and allowing you to progress more quickly.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
To help our clients improve and develop their credit measurement capabilities focussing on IFRS9, IRB and stress testing approaches across the full range of credit asset classes.
- Providing credit measurement modelling and analytics services to clients. This could involve supporting a client's 1st Line teams with the build of new models or improvement/review of existing models, support to 2nd Line oversight/model review functions or to 3rd Line Internal Audit teams
- Helping clients with designing and improving their wider credit measurement ecosystems; for example practices around insight into movements, data, controls, model risk management, model monitoring and maintenance, reporting and external disclosure
- Supporting Deloitte's external audit of IFRS9 and assurance of RWA through challenge of our clients' methodological approaches and quality of implementation to identify material weaknesses or areas of concern
- Supporting other credit measurement-related projects such as acquisition due diligence, stress testing and Asset Quality Reviews
- Contributing to thought leadership around credit measurement best practice and its evolution
- Contributing to the Analytics & Modelling team's strategy and identifying new opportunities for Deloitte to help its clients
- Managing a team within the wider Analytics & Modelling team, including project management/leadership of client engagements, developing talent and capability and acting as a role model for Deloitte's values and behaviours
- Building long-term relationships with clients to be regarded as a trusted advisor
- Managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: London based with occasional domestic and international travel.
This is a permanent opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time / part-time basis.
Your professional experience
- Good credit modelling skills and experience in the development, delivery and/or validation of credit risk models under one or more of the IFRS9, IRB and forecasting/stress testing regimes
- Understanding of the management of credit financials, associated governance and stakeholder perspectives
- Advanced skills with modelling software such as SAS, SQL, MS Excel (including VBA), Python, R
- Significant knowledge of the financial services industry and the credit fundamentals of different asset classes
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to non-expert audiences
- Project management and leadership skills
- Ability to partner with clients or other stakeholders and build great relationships
- Experience of developing talent and coaching a team
- Ability to think creatively, generate innovative ideas, challenge the status quo and deliver effectively
- Knowledge of current economic and market trends
- Experience interacting with regulators and/or auditors
- Commercial understanding of the use and business consequences of IFRS9 and capital rating system outputs
- Understanding of wider rating systems concepts including data, systems, controls, use test etc.
- Understanding of the changing regulatory environment as it relates to credit measurement
- Experience with data visualisation
Your service line: Audit & Assurance
In an industry best known for looking back, Deloitte looks beyond.
Our Audit & Assurance team understand the most important decisions are the ones we are yet to make. Crafting the future in an informed and clear-sighted way means understanding current conditions, as well as the trends that are shaping tomorrow. That is why we use our expertise in audit to show where things stand now, and to help inform the next step. With the assurance we provide, we help our clients to look ahead with strength and confidence across all of their accounting, regulatory and transaction needs.
Innovation is the key, underpinned by audit quality. You will be joining a diverse team of experts capable of delivering meaningful and durable change for both our clients and our profession.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£140 - £180 Daily
£60 - £150 Daily
£18k - £23k Annual
£13.6 - £13.6 Hourly