Systems Engineer - Unix
Posted on Sep 16, 2020 by Scope AT Limited
We are looking for a Systems Engineer in the Capital Markets Infrastructure Service area. You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security.
- Manage, deliver and monitor a number of key improvements to the current systems and infrastructure;
- Drive enhancements to the environment through to implementation;
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools;
- Provide an advanced level of support to the existing environment when required;
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Monitor IT Infrastructure performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with engineers to provide resolution;
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies;
- Assist in the delivery of the monthly patching cycle;
- Assist with out of hours/weekend changes
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering (or a related subject) or have 5 years relevant experience in similar role and environment;
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX/Linux based environments;
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (eg, VMware, RHEV)
- Experience with monitoring systems;
- Experience with automation software (eg, Puppet, Ansible);
- Scripting skills (eg, Shell Scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python);
- Networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP);
- Database Knowledge (Oracle, PLSQL);
By applying to this job you are sending us your CV, which may contain personal information. Please refer to our Privacy Notice to understand how we process this information.
In short, in order to supply you with work finding services, we will hold and process your personal data, and only with your express permission we will share this personal data with a client (or a third party working on behalf of the client) by email or by upload to the Client/third parties vendor management system. By giving us permission to send your CV to a client, this constitutes permission to share the personal data that would be necessary to consider your application, interview you (Phone/video/face to face) and if successful hire you. Scope AT acts as an employment agency for Permanent Recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. By applying for this job you accept the Terms and Conditions, Data Protection Policy, Privacy Notice and Disclaimers which can be found at our website.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£40k - £50k Annual
£30k - £40k Annual
£55k - £60k Annual