Senior Solution Engineer - DEVOPS - API's - AGILE
Posted on Sep 16, 2020 by Next Ventures Ltd
Senior Solution Engineer JD
Next Ventures seeks an experienced DevOps professional and API engineer for its London based client.
Within the clients Digital Services we are at the leading edge in the development and delivery of high-quality, reusable banking APIs. The division provides highly reusable, channel and business line agnostic capabilities for the Group. We work in small, agile DevOps teams following Scaled Agile Framework SAFe and run programme increment planning to ensure we deliver value on a regular and predictable schedule.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our Digital Services Core Engineer team as a Solution Engineer.
Our technology teams are globally distributed and work closely with our clients global businesses to help design and build digital services that allow our millions of customers around the world to bank quickly simply and securely. Our multi-disciplined teams include: DevOps engineers, IT architects, fulfilment specialists, cyber experts, as well as delivery.
Digital Services is embarking on an exciting and bold journey to fundamentally change the way we provide products for channels to consumers. The vision is to use technology and innovation to deliver a simpler, better and faster capabilities while also being more cost effective.
The SE will work closely with engineering, architecture, product and business whether to develop a new feature, support of new or existing customers or roadmap prioritization and improvements. SE will help developers with design, implementation, integration and configuration of security, encryption, micro-services and APIs. SE will help to put together POC and demo to management and stakeholders, assuming a project management role at times providing custom implementation, estimations, exact requirements and either manage developers to implement it or implement it themselves.
To ensure success as SE, you should have breadth and depth knowledge of software and hardware systems, a passion for sales and high-level communication skills. Ultimately, a top-notch SE drives change, is a problem solver and a challenger. SE will ask the question of how is this going to work. SE will offer detailed, technical explanations for strategic decisions and any future implications of these.
- Ability to take a project from concept stage through production
- Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions including time and scope involved
- Assist other department engineers in creating practical demonstrations of proposed solutions and demoing them to other members of the team and stakeholders
- Establish a framework for necessary contributions from various departments and facilitate their collaboration
- Analyse current technologies used within the company and develop steps and processes to improve
- Document and monitor requirements needed to institute proposed updates in relation to customer experience
- Work alongside project management teams to successfully monitor progress and implementation of initiatives
- Account for possible project challenges or constraints and proactively seek to manage challenges
- Previous work experience as a Solutions Engineer is preferred
- Experience with software engineering, customer experience and design architecture
- Ability to present ideas in a clean user-friendly way
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and high-level communication skills
- Project development and leadership skills are preferred
- Experience developing IT and cloud infrastructure
- Up to date understanding of best practices regarding system security measures
- Advanced understanding of business analysis techniques and processes
- Extensive knowledge and experience working with various technologies
- Ability to work with various departments to facilitate the orderly execution of a proposed project plan
- Master's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering preferred
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£15k - £20k Annual
£60k - £90k Annual
£55k - £70k Annual