TMS Project Lead
Posted on Sep 16, 2020 by Proactive Appointments
TMS Project Lead
Our soon to be market leading client, who have quadrupled in size over the last 5 years, is urgently looking for a TMS (Transport Management System) Project Lead to join their team based in Leicestershire, on a permanent basis. The TMS Project Lead will operate in a small, tight knit team and will manage system implementation projects.
The TMS Project Lead will be rewarded with a highly competitive salary and bonus scheme, a truly brilliant benefits package, as well as a company car! A fantastic opportunity to join an organisation who are quite literally racing up the Logistics ladder!
TMS Project Lead - Key Skills:
- Excellent knowledge of both warehouse and transport systems & processes.
- Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Excel in particular. Crystal Reports and Microsoft query would be an advantage but not essential.
- Able to communicate at all levels
- Positive can-do attitude.
- Methodical approach to troubleshooting problems.
- Flexible and adaptable approach to working in order to meet the requirements of the business.
- Prepared to travel
- Willingness to learn new skills.
- Excellent analytical skills
TMS Project Lead - Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for project Implementation, delivery and ongoing support.
- Collaboration with team colleagues, customer representatives and system developers.
- Analysing customer/user requirements into developmental specifications.
- Creation of project plans, test scripts and training documentation.
- Managing project risks including the development of contingency plans.
- Communication of project progress through key task reports and end stage assessments
- Responsibility for testing software & interface development cycles, from SIT (systems integration testing) and UAT (user acceptance testing) to implementation of the live system.
- Management of third parties to ensure project timescales are met
- Creation of operational and customer report requirements using our report writing tools.
- Deliver system training to key users.
- Attending project meetings and reporting progress.
- Providing technical support, delivering solutions in line with reasonable user expectations.
- Assessing the nature of complex problems and escalate to relevant IT team members or external third parties as appropriate.
- Provide Out of Hours Support to the Business on a shared rota basis (on completion of training).
TMS Project Lead - Benefits:
- Annual leave
- Market leading pension scheme
- Company car
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Many, many more brilliant benefits
TMS Project Lead
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£33k - £33k Annual
£39.3k - £39.3k Annual
£12.1 - £12.1 Hourly