Business Analyst - 12-18 month FTC
Posted on Sep 16, 2020 by Hays DT - West & Wales
Business Analyst job in Newport - £40-50K + benefits - 12-18 month fixed-term-contract with possible extension
An excellent job opportunity has arisen for a Business Analyst to join a highly established organisation in Newport. My client is a global leader within their field, and they are in a period of rapid expansion due to increased workload.
The Business Analyst will take responsibility for mapping business processes, identifying improvements and drafting business requirements that can be implemented to achieve business strategies and goals.
You will be responsible for mapping 'as-is' and 'to-be' processes, identifying business processes and areas for improvement, whilst developing details business requirements documents for business process changes. You will support in the translation of business requirements into technical requirements that can be implemented by technical teams, whilst developing business cases and project plans for business initiatives that support the business strategies and goals. You will liaise with a range of key stakeholders whilst ensuring that all quality controls are in place so that all required activities are planned and delivered efficiently.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
- 10 years + Business Analysis experience
- Experience of working within organisations that do not yet have structured processes and policies in place
- Proven experience of working as a Business Analyst, working closely with both business and IT work streams including third party suppliers
- Knowledge of IT systems environments
- If you have any experience of working with the manufacturing industry this would be an advantage although it is not essential
- Experience working in both Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
- Experienced in requirements elicitation and developing requirements for multiple systems eg manufacturing systems, finance systems, debt recovery systems, web systems etc.
- Knowledge of Business process modelling, target operating model definition and process re-engineering
- Degree or equivalent in business analysis practices and business process mapping
- Experience supporting the delivery of projects from inception to delivery
- Knowledge of MS Office tools including Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Visio
This position offers excellent scope for career progression in addition to a benefits package that includes:
- 23 days annual leave plus bank holidays (increases to 29 days annual leave plus bank holidays with service)
- Contributory pension scheme (5% employee contributions, 10% employer contributions)
- Life assurance (4 X annual salary)
- Income protection insurance (75% annual salary)
- Healthcare cash plan
- Annual bonus scheme (based on company and individual performance)
- Share scheme options
If you would like to discuss this role in more detail, please apply with an updated CV. Hays also offer £500 worth of high street vouchers for all successful referrals.