Senior DevOps Engineer - Infrastructure - Bitbucket - Jenkins
Posted on Sep 16, 2020 by Alexander Mann Solutions
Alexander Mann Solutions (AMS) is the world's leading provider of Talent Acquisition and Management Services. We deliver award-winning solutions to over 65 outsourcing clients and consulting services to hundreds more. Our Contingent Workforce Solutions (CWS) service acts as an extension of our clients' recruitment team and provides professional interim and temporary resources.
Our investment banking client has been present in the UK for more than 150 years, they're a long-term partner to British business. Today, the Group is formed of 10 divisions and employs 9,300 staff based in 21 core locations right across the country. Their role is simply stated: help clients achieve their goals by combining local know-how and global reach. In so doing, they seek to make a positive, sustainable contribution to both the UK economy and society.
On behalf of this organisation, AMS are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer for a 6 month contract based in London.
Purpose of the Role:
- The DevOps Specialist will be part of a multi-disciplined team defining and building solutions to automate day to day processes with a view of providing more efficient platforms for users. You must help drive improvements to processes and help design automated enhancements with a view of continual improvement. The role is centred on an agile DevOps mind-set and requires a wide range of technical skills.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Have appreciation of production readiness and work with teams to understand user requirements
- Work to a set of prioritised tasks ensuring regular updates ensuring the target solution remains the key focus
- Understand phased delivery to ensure work is completed to a defined specification and schedule
- Help identify efficiencies in processes and contribute to their automation
- Thoroughly test automated processes ensuring they are robust and meet requirements
- Contribute to medium and high scale technical projects by contributing to architecture review and design, upgrading and migrating application systems to new platforms.
- Provide feedback and propose solutions to management on performance, capacity and design issues
- Document designs and architectures and distribute minutes and meeting actions
What we require from the candidate:
Looking for someone who has strong experience and knowledge in DevOps, especially in tools such as Bitbucket and Jenkins, both as a user, but someone who has built these platforms before and have the infrastructure side of knowledge.
Expert knowledge in CI/CD, Jenkins in particular, with good infra experience in both building the platform as well as creating and configuring pipelines as a user
Experience in migrations from Legacy platforms to new solutions ensuring technology evolution is maintained
Knowledge of programming and Scripting methodologies and demonstrable proficiency in writing code in one or more of the following languages; Python
System administration - In-depth knowledge in Linux/Unix and good knowledge on Windows systems
Good general understanding of global infrastructure, Firewalls and networking and considerations in these areas.
Networks - Good understanding of network principals and practical knowledge of load balancing technologies
Understanding of user and server authentication enabling end to end automated release cycles whilst ensuring security is a primary consideration
If you are interested in applying for this position and meet the criteria outlined above, please click the link to apply and we will contact you with an update in due course.
Alexander Mann Solutions, a Recruitment Process Outsourcing Company, may in the delivery of some of its services be deemed to operate as an Employment Agency or an Employment Business
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£50k - £60k Annual
£60k - £65k Annual
£60k - £65k Annual
£250 - £280 Daily