Regulatory Business Analyst - Asset Management
Posted on Sep 16, 2020 by Resource Solutions - Schroders
Business Analyst - Regulatory Reporting
Department: Operations Change
Location: City of London
As a global investment manager, we help institutions, intermediaries and individual across the planet meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future. But as the world changes, so do our clients' needs. That's why we have a long history of adapting to suit the times and keeping our focus on what matters most to our clients. Doing this takes experience and expertise. We bring together people and data to spot the trends that will shape the future. This provides a unique perspective which allows us to always invest with conviction. We are responsible for £449.4 billion of assets for our clients who trust us to deliver sustainable returns. We remain determined to build future prosperity for them, and for all of society. Today, we have 4,100 people across six continents who focus on doing just this.
We are a global business that's managed locally. This allows us to always keep our clients' needs at the heart of everything we do. For over two centuries and more than seven generations we've grown and developed our expertise in Tandem with our client s' needs and interests. Explore our interactive timeline to see how we've been shaping financial future since our very beginnings. Schroders' culture and core values of Integrity, Passion, Teamwork, Innovation and Excellence are fundamental to our success, and it is important we reflect them in everything we do.
Overview of Regulatory Change
In accordance with multiple regulatory demands on the Asset Management industry, Schroders is embarking on a large change programme to ensure that the business adheres to the various regulatory obligations being placed on the firm. The team is responsible for analysis and managing delivery of any changes required to meet new or changing regulations.
Overview of role
We are looking for a Business Analyst to work in the Regulatory Reporting Programme and define the requirements in respect of the Firm's Regulatory Reporting obligations, focusing on EMIR but also including SFTR and MiFIR.
Provide project management and business analysis support to ensure effective delivery of agreed projects, covering activities such as:
- Confirming nature and scope of change
- Impact assessment of changes
- GAP Analysis
- Analysis and documentation of requirements
- Identification and analysis of solutions
- Design of the implementation of process and organisational changes
Develop effective relationships across the business, Global Technology and the wider change management community.
Creating business requirements and working with Technology to convert into system requirements.
Where appropriate, act as a bridge between the less technical BAs and the Developers/Technical resource to ensure correct implementation of requirements.
- Strong experience within Asset Management industry required
- Experience of regulatory change and the methods necessary to elicit regulatory requirements
- Strong knowledge of Transaction Reporting, EMIR, SFTR or MiFIR
- Experience in a business analysis role essential including business process change and technology change
- Experience of requirements elicitation through direct interaction with business users and their processes (Interviews, observation and workshops),
- Experience of working with senior business users
- Logical, structured thought processes and good problem solving skills
- Good relationship management skills - able to engage with and gain confidence of others and maximise their contribution to the process
- Strong communication skills - written, pictorial, presentational and verbal at all levels within the organisation
- Able to demonstrate initiative
- Able to work well in a team
- Focus on quality
- Experience of Agile working practices
- Can develop new ideas and approaches that impact on existing methods, policies and approaches.
- Self starter who is ready to own responsibility for coordinating and planning the objectives and activities.
- A technical minded person with a desire to keep abreast of ever changing Asset Management and technology industries.
- Confident enough to be able to challenge business ideas where they do meet stated objectives
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.