Business Development Manager - South East (Education Sector)
Posted on Sep 16, 2020 by Capita Resourcing IT
Business Development Manager -
UK EDUCATION covering (South East)
I am representing one of the most recognised, successful and trusted providers of software solutions in the Education marketplace.
The company is the market leader in the provision of MIS software and associated services into the UK Education sector. They have a clear strategy to maintain and strengthen that position, by both winning new business and driving new revenues from our existing customers.
The successful UK Education Business Development Manager will work with an organisation, who offer leading software solutions and services to educational establishments and central educational bodies across UK. You will be responsible for selling a range of solutions into a portfolio of Multi Academy Trusts (MATs), Local Authorities (LAs) and schools with the aim of developing strategic long term client relationships with key and senior stakeholders.
You should have a proven track record in a strategic field sales management role, including the ability to present a value proposition to multi level stakeholders, driving inspiring and relevant workshops and networking events within your portfolio, and the ability to successfully close high ticket sales and deliver to target. Our generous basic salary and uncapped earnings reflect our commitment to recruiting a winning team, and will appeal to over achievers.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Accountability for own actions
- Ability to work under pressure
- Customer focused
- Attention to detail in working practices, constantly striving to improve
- Ability to influence both internal and external stakeholders
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Ability to work under your own initiative
- Contribute to team monthly meetings
- Minimum 3-5 years proven successful external sales experience, ideally including sales of value-added IT solutions
- A solid understanding of Education and the UK EDUCATION landscape
- Proven sales territory planning skills and experience
- Proven track record of generating leads and hitting targets set
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to build strong customer relationships
- Exceptional negotiation skills
- Excellent time management, planning and organisational skills
- Team player
- Confidence in the use of IT for business purposes
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- An understanding of the factors and issues affecting UK Education.
- Working knowledge of the Education market
- A background in software sales
- Experience of quotation/proposal writing
- Strong literacy skills
Capita IT Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.