Senior Cloud Network Engineer - AZURE/SD-WAN/Cisco Meraki
Posted on Sep 16, 2020 by i3 Resourcing
Senior Engineer/Cisco/Azure/Azur Security/SDWAN/Cisco Meraki/DevOps/Zscaler Proxy/Azure Connectivity
The Senior Network Engineer will be part of the Infrastructure Team and will be working with the Network and DevOps teams, managing and ensuring both Cloud and On-Prem solutions, ensuring the overall network meets the required operational and compliance requirements.
* Ensuring the network is always running optimally whilst monitoring networks for performance in line with agreed internal SLA's, and vendors are within their SLA's.
* Ensure the network capacity is meeting the future and existing requirements.
* Maintain all security and software patching processes within the network environment
* Support of all virtual network appliances
* Manage Azure connectivity and application protection services, ExpressRoute, Virtual Network, VPN Gateway, Azure Firewall, Network Security groups
* Manage Office 365 Phone System and on-premise PBX
* Providing recommendations on protocols and services by researching to further develop the developments
* Providing data reports such as performance statistics and development strategies/road maps for maintaining the Azure network infrastructure.
* Preventing system failures by proactively monitoring the network and identifying the root cause with the aim of resolution.
- Demonstrated proficiency in a Networking based technology (LAN/WAN/SDN) and a thorough understanding of the OSI model.
- Experience diagnosing and resolving complex network switching and routing issues.
- Desirable configuration and troubleshooting of Cisco Meraki and Checkpoint Firewalls
- Knowledge of Bluecoat and Zscaler Proxies. Desirable Netskope
- Knowledge of load balancing
- Proficient in troubleshooting with packet capture tools and network protocol analysis.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with clients, vendors, engineers, and managers at various levels. Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical employees.
- Ability to organise and manage multiple requests with frequently conflicting priorities.
- Strong team player - collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources; has experience working with others on a global basis; applies knowledge to coach and mentor others.
- Understanding of multi-tiered SLA management, Incident Management, Change Management, and Problem Management.
- Proficiency in using network monitoring and management tools in a large-scale environment.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Desirable Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Desirable Cisco Meraki Network Operator (CMNO)
- Desirable Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate
- Desirable Microsoft Certified: Azure Security Engineer Associate
- Desirable Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals
The client will select and onboard remotely