Posted on Sep 16, 2020 by Brookwood
Brookwood is currently seeking a App Developer on behalf of a well-established organisation based in Oxfordshire
We are seeking an experienced App Developer with an excellent attitude, who is driven and has great focus. Previous experience within a Software Developer role is essential.
This is an exciting role for an existing or aspiring Application and/or ETL developer within an organisation where you will be responsible for delivering innovative solutions using some of the latest technologies/platforms, conforming to industry, regional and national standards. You will be part of a team undertaking the design and development of Front End and Back End solutions, supporting product delivery through all stages of the SDLC, following a defined route-to-live process, culminating in production environment deployment. Taking part in design/code reviews, unit/integration testing and documentation creation to ensure quality component delivery and support.
You will be enthusiastic and self-motivated. You will be required to work with business stakeholders and the wider ICT department to deliver quality solutions in-line with defined business requirements. In addition, you will deliver enhancements and provide 3rd line support for existing applications as part of systems/application life cycle management.
- Produce high quality code according to requirements
- Support other members of the development team, performing thorough, positive code reviews and mentoring colleagues
- Work closely with the business and test analysts to define accurate, testable and deliverable requirements
- Lead development of a long-term project to support the achievements of project objectives.
- Manage the allocation of work within systems you are leading with regard for organisational delivery and resourcing plans
- Work with the Software Development Team lead to identify new approaches, best practices and technologies for the NWEH technical steering group
- Object Oriented Languages (eg C#, Python or R)
- Client and Server Side frameworks (eg NET and/or .NET Core, Angular.js, JQuery, Node.js, Xamarin)
- Relational and/or Non-Relational Databases (eg Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, SQLite or MongoDB)
- Data Integration Tools (eg SSIS, SSDT)
- Reporting Tools (eg SSRS, Business Objects, Power BI)
- IDE (eg Visual Studio, Eclipse)