DevOps Engineer - GCP.
Posted on Sep 16, 2020 by Norton Blake
DevOps Engineer- Must have GCP experience!
DevOps Engineer is required for an initial 6-month contract at a leading Bank based in London who is going through a major engineering transformation programme.
As the DevOps ideally you will have come from a coding/development background, understand the entire DevOps toolchain from a quality perspective, and have the ability to work as a team, mentoring and assisting others when necessary.
GCP experience is a must have!
Experience required for the GCP DevOps role:
- Expertise in DevOps open source Scripting languages ie Groovy or Python
- Automated package delivery using Ansible, Chef, Terraform or Deployment Manager
- GCP (Google Cloud Platform) is a must
- Kubernetes is a must
- Jenkins is a must
- Helm Chart is
- Good understanding of PaaS infrastructure, preferably Cloud foundry, with understanding around build packs is a must
- Good understanding of leading CI platform, eg. Jenkins 2.0/Travis and/or Circle CI Jenkins, in particular, building pipelines and pipeline as a code
- Experience with containers, Kubernetes Good Understanding is required around application build tools - npm/maven/gulp/Gradle
- Working knowledge of Non-functional, functional and unit test frameworks and tools used during software development is required
- Working knowledge of Application Server and Java containers is required Basic infrastructure knowledge - Operating system, VM's, Containers, Proxy, Nginx is expected Node.js is desirable Understanding of application deployment orchestration tools
- Big Query, DBT and Argo are desirable
DevOps GCP Engineer Required.