Engineering Lead - Mobile Banking
Posted on Sep 16, 2020 by Spier Consulting Ltd
Candidates should possess strong experience in.
* Native iOS development - Swift 4, XCode and CocoaPods
* Native Android development - Java, Kotlin, Android Studio
* Data engineering - Python
* Experience consuming REST APIs and utilising JSON for web or mobile applications
* Agile Methodologies - Scrum, Kanban, SAFe, Pair Programming
* Agile Tooling - Jira, Confluence, Slack
* CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Git, GitHub, Nexus
* Test automation development utilising -JUnit, Wiremock, Mockito
* PaaS/IaaS - Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Mule API Gateway, AWS
* Application Monitoring - Splunk, AppDynamics
Responsibilities will include:
* Build upon a history of technical leading engineering teams and a track record of delivery within those teams.
* Inspiring others and leading by example, with a supportive and collaborative attitude in a maturing Agile and DevOps environment.
* Be experienced in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery practices and able to guide teams in the adoption of those practices
* Demonstrate a deep, hands on knowledge of TDD and BDD techniques
* Familiar with a couple of different languages, and well-versed in at least one
* Keen to collaborate with others, and you'll give thought about how software fits into the bigger picture
* Show expertise in the latest technologies, processes and tools and how they can be utilised to deliver frequently, safely, efficiently and to a high standard.
* Keep up with emerging technologies and processes both with the HSBC group and externally/
* Play a leading role in the first direct Engineering discipline, driving best practice and standards compliance within first direct and global IT
* Work with the Engineering management team to ensure that the members of the Engineering discipline can maximise their potential and that of the discipline.
* Work closely with the first direct Portfolio Management team to proactively identify enabling changes required for future Engineering work
* Work with the Scrum Teams to encourage and enable Agile and DevOps ways of working.
* first direct promotes a DevOps culture, so you will need to look beyond pure programming and get involved with the deployment and operation of the software we build.