Head of Digital Development
Posted on Sep 16, 2020 by Lookers plc
Head of Digital Development, Lookers plc
Lookers Head Office, Manchester
Market leading employee benefitsLookers have an exciting new opportunity for a Head of Digital Development to join the IT team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development of several products, including but not limited to, Lookers Website, Enquiry Management, and Centralised data.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to/Influencing Digital Strategy
- Website vision and innovation
- Enquiry Management/Dynamics 365/CRM
- Centralised Data, Usage & Reporting
- Managing multiple projects with full budget accountability
- Managing internal and external resources to deliver product changes on time and to budget
- Coach, mentor and inspire the team to deliver digital product development plans to drive growth and engagement
- Creation and Maintenance of Product Roadmaps
- Create a culture of innovation through product experimentation, striving to be digital leaders
- Manage 3rd parties to achieve agreed objectives to time and budget
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies
- Extensive experience in creating and delivering content strategy, across multiple platforms
- Strong experience of understanding and breaking down the online customer journey
- Highly analytical and commercial with demonstrable experience of making data driven decisions
- An expert in eCommerce (Social media advertising/marketing, Email Marketing, SEO, UX/CX)
- A strong communicator who can deliver results at pace, leading through a team
- Capable of creating plans to support strategic initiatives
- Adaptable and flexible in terms of Development approach, and reactive to business priorities
- Maintains a positive outlook despite commercial and strategic challenges
- Proven problem solver
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Experience working in lean/agile methodologies
- Experience in managing complex developments
- A strong technical/development background
- At least five years' experience as a Software Development Manager, with a premium retail background
Technical Skill set:
- MS Dynamics, PowerBI, Sitecore
- Frameworks: ASP.NET- ASP.NET MVC - ASP.NET ASMX Web Services - ASP.NET Web Forms
- ASP.NET Core - ASP.NET Core MVC - ASP.NET Core Web API
- Client-side: HTML5 DOM APIs/Ajax, jQuery, AngularJS, React
- Issue tracking: Jira
Lookers are proud to be one of the top three motor vehicle retailers in the UK, representing 32 vehicle manufacturers, selling and servicing a huge range of cars at over 150 franchised dealerships across hundreds of locations throughout the UK & Ireland. We recognise the hard work, flexibility and commitment of our people so we offer an industry leading benefits package. This includes competitive basic salaries, enhanced holidays that increase with service, eligibility to join one of our car schemes, critical illness cover after 2 years, one year fully paid maternity leave for women and for some roles a company car and additional earning potential through commission or bonus.
As one of the UK's Top Employers we strongly believe in nurturing and providing our people with specific manufacturer brand and management training to enhance career development opportunities. We have a great bunch of people and we like to celebrate and encourage success at all levels with our annual Lookers Excellence Awards. So? What are you waiting for?
Lookers are an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to a working environment that is free from all types of discrimination, is inclusive, and empowers our people to bring their whole self to work and reach their full potential.
If your application is successful we will conduct relevant employment checks prior to you starting with us. Depending on the role and responsibilities, these could include us verifying your recent employment, address and credit history. We may also conduct a criminal record check and a driving licence check.
Please note: We will close vacancies once the required quality or number of applications has been received.