Posted on Sep 16, 2020 by Jenrick Commercial Limited
Working beyond just the data to improve processes and provide solutions to common problems, the Data Engineer will provide technical leadership, champion automation, and work with other team members to translate high level requirements into epics, stories and tasks.
As the sole Data Engineer within this business area, you will have the benefit of working directly with your senior stakeholders, whilst also being part of the organisations wider group of Data Engineers who hold weekly stand ups. Good communication skills are therefore expected.
Although specific experience with Snowflake & Wherescape is beneficial, Data Engineers with good SQL & ETL skills using other Data Warehousing technologies are also of interest as specific training with Snowflake & Wherescape can be provided.
- Planning and achieving sprint tasks from which the technical solutions will be created. These solutions will mean that the business can identify commercial opportunities or understand why they are needed
- Supporting the data visualisation and data pipelines, ensuring that the services are up to date and the business can rely on them
- Provide Input into and manage the data artefacts, which includes planning, task completion, unit testing, peer review, release, meta data, Datamodelling and deployment.
- Partaking in DataOps Design Authority meetings to provide input to data value delivery methods
- Creating and inputting meta data to sufficient levels
- Converting user stories to technical tasks, translating the business goal into a technical one, allowing the delivery of the technical solution
- Using modern data platform tools set up in an agile delivery method to progress in a journey towards continuous integration and deployment of projects in the cloud
- Ensuring all analysis, decisions made and activity undertaken in fulfilling of this role considers the fair treatment of customers
- Data Warehousing - Delivering data engineering solutions including ETL development
- Data streaming
- Data Integration and Analytics
- Use of modern data paradigms within the cloud in order to enable a business to maximise its value from data
- Data Visualisation
- Technologies: Snowflake, Wherescape, & PowerBI experience is ideal but SQL Server, SSIS or other ETL tools, ADF, Jenkins, Tableau or equivalent software with strong data engineering skills will suffice
- Proven data, analytics and engineering skills
- Logical and lateral thinking considering all aspects in decision making
- Communication to all levels of stakeholders - communicating complex data management issues to non-technical stakeholders
- Communicates clearly and logically using simple language and visuals to suit the audience
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£35k - £42k Annual
£40k - £55k Annual
£45k - £55k Annual
£60k - £60k Annual
£500 - £800 Daily
£30k - £35k Annual
£55k - £60k Annual
£45k - £50k Annual
£40k - £55k Annual