Network Service Delivery Engineer
Posted on Sep 16, 2020 by Think IT Recruitment Ltd
An experienced Network Service Delivery Engineer/Manager/Consultant is being sought by a Financial Services company, based in Andover, Hampshire, paying up to £55,000 + extensive benefits package.
Offering a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including 36 days holiday, bonus up to 7.5%, great pension and much more!), and with them currently undergoing a major digital transformation, this insurance company continues to innovate their digital presence.
As the successful Network Engineer, you will essentially manage the network internally and externally and be the person the business looks to, to act as and be - the technical contact for external networking partners (WAN and external service providers), ensuring our service is uninterrupted.
You will assist in resolving non-networking related infrastructural incidents, working hard to fully investigate and identify route cause, whilst proactively managing the network infrastructure to prevent and monitor our networking systems. You will have to be a solution-driven and proactive professional that has vast experience of systems management and a proven track record in providing ICT networking support for hardware and software!
To be successful in this Network Engineer (Network Manager) role, you will need to have a very strong mixture of the following skills:
- Meraki Routers and Switches (Cisco also desirable)
- Firewalls (Cisco, Checkpoint and Fortinet)
- WAN topology for availability monitoring
- Meraki Wi-Fi technologies
- Cisco Core technologies
- Network monitoring and auditing
- Knowledge and experience of ITIL discipline
- You will be responsible for the overall deployment and network configuration of a new network refresh and Firewall consolidation project
- Assist and provide input to Solutions Design and Delivery engineers, liaising between Business and Technical areas
- Track and manage Networks tasks & timescales to the overall project plan
- Have the ability to understand and interpret complex business and IT requirements, design an appropriate solution and implement the network with end to end project delivery
- Take ownership for stakeholder management of multiple senior stakeholders
- Managing multiple parties to deliver service, both internal and external
- Managing teams of people, directly and indirectly, to deliver to service standards
You will need to be an excellent communicator who is confident in explaining complex technical issues at varying levels from technical experts to management as well as non-technical staff.
Still undergoing a digital transformation, with a focus on technology, this is a great time to be joining a strong expanding business and would be a smart step for any Network Engineer (Network Manager) wanting to make an exciting career change.
Apply now with your CV for more details.
Think IT Recruitment is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy under UK Government regulations CEAEBR 2003
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£35 - £40 Hourly
£9.49 - £9.49 Hourly
£29k - £35k Annual
£16 - £17 Hourly