Adjunct Instructor - Specialty areas of Nursing Pediatrics and Mental
Posted on Sep 16, 2020 by Pellissippi State Community College
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Instruction and supervision of registered nursing students in the classroom in one of the following nursing areas: Pediatrics or Mental Health/Psychiatric nursing.
2. Instruct and supervise R.N. nursing students in the clinical agency.
3. Function under the direction of the course faculty or Dean of Nursing for the course.
4. Participate in departmental activities associated with the instructional program.
5. Communicate clearly with students and colleagues.
6. Work effectively with traditional and non-traditional students including but not limited to the culturally and ethnically diverse.
7. Participate in professional organizations related to nursing and teaching.
8. Adapt to changes in the nursing program.
9. Schedule office hours as needed.
A. RN with a Masters degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited college/university required
B. Three years clinical experience required
Availability/Closing Date: This posting is not a guarantee of an open position. Applications for adjunct faculty positions are accepted on a continuous basis and reviewed by the department when openings become available. Future teaching assignments are on a term-by-term basis, which may include fall, spring and summer. Postings close yearly on January 31; to maintain your application within the system, you will need to re-apply each year.
The specialty positions for pediatrics would come on board in spring for 4-6 weeks of training and teach during the summer week session.
Special Instructions to Applicants: To be considered for a position at Pellissippi State, you must create an on-line application. Your skills, abilities, qualifications, and years of experience will be evaluated using only what is recorded on your application. Please note: attaching a resume does not substitute for completion of the application form. Part-time work experience is calculated at 50% of full-time experience. Please note: to scan, upload, or attach documents, a computer and scanner are available at the Hardin Valley Campus Educational Resources Center, if needed.
Pellissippi State Community College is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA employer.