Category Buyer - IT and Telecom
Posted on Sep 16, 2020 by Swisslinx
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Developing a pipeline of IT & Telecom category projects by following emerging procurement and IT trends across industries and closely collaborating with the IT directors to identify new category needs.
- Engaging with existing and new suppliers to secure access for innovative IT solutions.
- Obtaining sponsorship for innovative IT & Telecom category projects, developing and delivering rigorous proofs of concept and partnering with other IT directors to transition initiatives for further category development and widescale adoption.
- Providing innovation and emerging category related input to the development of the IT & Telecom Services and manage end to end RfI, RfQ or RFP.
- Understanding business and IT priorities and challenges and ensuring successful realization of IT & Telecom category initiatives by building strong partnerships across geographically dispersed stakeholders and engaging with IT & Telecom Category Managers and local and regional Procurement.
- Contributing to the IT & Telecom Category team's culture, procurement savings target, objectives and engagement as a member of the IT & Telecom Services Category procurement Team.
- University degree, with IT technology degree is a must
- At least 7+ years of in-depth strategic and/or operational procurement experience with extensive knowledge of IT & Telecom category management and advanced strategic sourcing, ideally with subject matter expertise in technology.
- Experience working on an innovation team and/or developing and leading RFI, RFQ, RFP on their own
- Experience in IT system design and deployment a plus.
- Business level fluency in English
By applying for this position, I consent to the Swisslinx Group of companies:
- storing my personal information (including name, contact details, Identification and CV information etc.) on their internal or external Servers for the purpose of informing me of potential employment opportunities
- using my personal information or
- supplying it to third parties upon express consent for the purpose of informing me of potential job opportunities
- transferring where applicable my personal information to a country outside the EEA/EFTA