2nd Line Support Engineer
Posted on Sep 16, 2020 by Michael Page Technology
Due to further growth of the business my client is now recruiting for the role of 2nd Line Support Engineer to join their customer facing Support Desk.
Core day to day responsibilities of this role include focus on supporting customers with the various common issues they log and getting involved with the technical team to help deliver projects on-time as they move organisations into Cloud and Hybrid environments.
My client is a growing MSP based in the Bristol/Bath area who have experienced 25% growth YoY for the past 8 years. Now they are looking to expand their support function to offer their clients a higher level of in-house technical knowledge for both BAU and projects they may have.
- You will split your time between BAU Technical Support and client project work as they transition to Hybrid Cloud environments.
- There will be a good mixture of support and projects to keep you engaged.
- The successful applicant will have strong 1st/2nd Line technical skills as well as the ambition to progress into a 3rd Line role in the future.
- Strong communication skills and ability to make decisions
- Setup, deployment, update and maintenance of client Windows based systems.
- Create and maintain IT related documentation for all systems.
- Managing and maintaining virtualized environments
- Monitoring, support, and maintenance of core Servers and services.
- Network infrastructure (both on site and inter site - eg VPN, Firewall and Routers)
Fantastic opportunity to further your development with provided training and exposure to established and emerging technologies. This opportunity would suit an experienced 1st/2nd Line Support/Service Desk Analyst/Helpdesk Support looking to develop into the next stage of their career.
Proven experience with the following:
- Windows 7/10
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Microsoft Intune, and PowerShell
- SCCM and RMM Software
- Autopilot and MDM
- Microsoft 365 Solutions
- Common PC/Mac troubleshooting
- Networking equipment configuration: Router/Switch/WAPs
£25,000-£30,000 + additional benefits
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£25k - £32k Annual
£23k - £26k Annual
£26k - £26k Annual
£20k - £28k Annual