Lead Product & Environmental Safety Engineer
Posted on Sep 16, 2020 by Modis
Lead Safety Engineer - Product & Environmental
Defence & Electronics sector
Hampshire OR Essex (Homebased during COVID)
An international Defence Company is looking for a new Lead Safety Engineer, to work within the Design Integrity organisation and with safety specialist across their specialist Electronics Division in the UK. The individual will support the Design Authorities to assure the safety of a wide range of cutting-edge products being developed within the Integrated Sensing and Protection lines of business across their sites in the Essex and the Hampshire South Coast.
This is a great opportunity to take a leading role with a world-renowned Defence company and be apart of some truly unique projects that will help defend the UK and safeguard it's people's future from future threats.
The individual will provide assurance that products comply with Safety, Environmental and Legislative requirements, primarily within the land, naval and airborne domains. Working with other safety specialists, the individual will play an active role in maintaining and enhancing the Product Safety and Environmental Impact Management System, which is integral to Design Integrity.
Have you got what it takes?
You will need most of the following:
- Working knowledge of Legislation - eg REACH, RoHS and EU directives;
- Working knowledge of industry standards such as DEF STAN 00-056, 00-055, 00-051 and associated hazard identification, analysis and risk management techniques;
- Familiarity with POSMS and POEMS
- Worked with others to identify the future Product Safety and Environmental needs of a Company;
- Awareness of cyber and its effect on safety;
- Hands-on experience of developing robust safety and environmental impact cases and reports for complex systems in accordance with customer, regulatory and legislative expectations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to interact with subject matter experts regarding a wide range of technical and operational topics.
- UK citizenship
- Willingness to travel within the UK and overseas
It would also be a huge plus if you have:
- Experience of MIL-STD-882, EN 61508 RTCA DO-254 and RTCA DO-178C or similar;
- Experience of working with the external stakeholders to understand the concept of operations for products, in order to understand functional safety/hazards and define/agree the appropriate mitigations;
- Ability to identify and deliver alternate/innovative ways to manage safety, including ensuring buy-in from key regulatory bodies;
- Active membership of an external safety specialist group
- Familiarity with the principles of incident investigation and associated processes
If this sounds like you and something you're interested in hearing more about, then apply below with your CV and Frank White will give you call to discuss further.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers in the UK. Modis Europe Ltd provide a variety of international solutions that connect clients to the best talent in the world. For all positions based in Switzerland, Modis Europe Ltd works with its licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law.
Both Modis International Ltd and Modis Europe Ltd are Equal Opportunities Employers.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis International Ltd and/or Modis Europe Ltd.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£8.72 - £8.72 Hourly
£21.2k - £21.2k Annual