Senior UI/UX Designer - Bury with Home Working Options
Posted on Sep 16, 2020 by GBV Ltd
I have an immediate requirement for a Senior/Lead UX UI Designer on a permanent basis.ROLE DETAILS
You will be taking charge of the UX/UI of the companies web application. Design is at the absolute heart of our application, and we want someone to take charge of this area and drive the product forward. Our product is used by thousands of people all over the world, dealing with millions of customers per year on behalf of some of the biggest brand names on Earth; as our exposure increases, we need a guiding hand for our UX to be the best in the sector. We want someone who is not afraid to take control of this area, and will rise to the challenge of educating the business towards a design first development process.
You will be working alongside an established team of 12 developers, 5 testers and a BA to guide the Legacy and new features of the company application. You will be expected to develop processes for effective design methodologies through the refinement and development process, as well as looking at best practice and market landscape to refine our UX. Leadership is essential, as you will need to drive change and process forward.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
If you read the above and think you'd fit in, then we'd like these skills:
- Agile design
- Experience of design and best working practices
- Leadership capabilities
- A data driven approach to design
- A desire to help shape and define their department
- Able to communicate ideas and working practices effectively
- A hunger to change our development pipeline to have design at its core
If you're interested in the role and would like to apply, we'd love to see a portfolio of your work for us to take a look at.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
If you ticked all of the above and you're still interested, you'd be responsible for:
- Producing and testing designs/prototypes, navigation patterns and UI elements
- Define best practice for design through our development process and enforce those standards throughout the team
- Identify user requirements and build solutions for them
- Working effectively to conceptualise and develop designs, improving both Legacy and new features of the application
- Collaborate with the product team, senior management and the commercial team to develop ideas and designs
- Looking to the competitive landscape for emerging trends and iterating our design methodologies
- Effectively communicate ideas and strategies of design to the business
The role is paying £40-42k and offering flexible working.
Please apply now.