Linux Systems Administrator - Centos, Redhat, Semiconductor, Apache/HT
Posted on Sep 16, 2020 by Tiger Resourcing Solutions Ltd
Linux Systems Administrator - Centos, Redhat, Semiconductor, Apache/HTTP, Python
As the company's Linux specialist, you will have the proven experience and qualification within the semiconductor environment to help develop and lead the internal Linux integration, innovation and support within the company globally. Working within a fast paced and demanding environment, you'll ensure stakeholders are able to operate within a Linux environment, whilst also coaching and supporting other managers and colleagues.
IS THIS THE ROLE FOR YOU?
- You'll take security seriously and will thrive on the responsibility to design and implement any and all Linux security protocols. The integrity of our systems and network across the group is paramount.
- You'll support the Engineering Department, installing and supporting the Linux packages as required and providing Linux Remote Desktop Applications support. As well as developing, embedding, supporting and reviewing all Linux protocols and practices. You'll be creating and maintaining Python Scripts within the Linux Environment for the automation and administration of tasks and health monitoring.
- You'll be enthusiastic, self-motivated and driven to take ownership of the Linux environment and to provide and share your Linux expertise. You'll engage with personnel at all levels and be a good communicator, ensuring your behaviours are in line with the core values at all times.
- You'll be part of a wider IT team supporting all departments across the company. You'll therefore support and deliver the network needs, the Microsoft needs and (in conjunction with the security lead) support and review all internal and exporting security arrangements, reporting and actioning any needs identified.
- As you'll be working across the group, this may require some travel and out of hours working to ensure the business is fully supported.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
Qualified You'll hold a relevant degree and Linux professional qualification
Experienced You'll have previous experience with implementing and maintenance of Centos/Redhat Linux within a semiconductor environment. Also experience of Apache/HTTP server management and Linux remote desktop implementation and support.
Self starter You'll be self-motivated and thrive on performing in a fast-paced environment, with the self-drive and ability to find solutions independently.
Passionate You'll be keen on holding the title of the go-to expert on all things Linux-related
Personable You'll be a good communicator and team player, working as part of a highly motivated, innovative and cross-functional IT team.