Business Systems Analyst
Posted on Sep 17, 2020 by Gables Search Group
Our client is looking for a Business Systems Analyst, focused on the manufacturing and supply chain functional areas in their growing IT Department. In this dynamic role, you will be responsible for working with business owners of various systems, documenting requirements, specifying functionality to developers, testing and obtaining end user acceptance criteria. Work will include all phases of the project delivery life cycle including support. Examples of systems are Microsoft Dynamics (ERP), MES (Shop Floor Mechanical Execution System), JET reporting and PowerBI (Reporting). Key projects this year include new capabilities for advanced planning and scheduling as well as warehouse management of raw materials.
- Work with Business Owners and Development to define and document business rules for systems development and/or implementation.
- Translate system enhancement requests into specifications for developers.
- Make system configuration changes and setup master data to improve system functionality
- Test new functionality
- Provide tier 2 support to end users including hands on configuration and master data adjustments in the system
- Build reports using JET and PowerBI
- Participate in requirements sessions with stakeholders and users, work as the liaison with upstream as well as downstream teams and systems.
- Effectively communicate changes in technical components and requirements of an initiative to developers and business stakeholders.
- Work as the BSA within project teams to deliver major enhancements and new systems.
- Support User Acceptance Testing (UAT) by developing test plans, supporting testers, identifying, and tracking defects.
- 4-7 years working as a Business Systems Analyst
- ERP (eg Microsoft Dynamics, Oracle, SAP) configuration, master data setup, data structure knowledge and SQL query experience, Microsoft ERP preferred
- Strong analytical skills, exceptional planning, and organizational skills.
- Experience documenting and diagraming current processes
- Previous IT project implementation experience
- Ability to analyze data using excel, BI tools etc.
- Business process knowledge of Plan to Deliver inclusive of manufacturing and supply chain
- Manufacturing industry experience, CPG and Food is a plus
- Proficiency in English; Excellent verbal and written communication with strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Energy and drive to excel
- Initiative and ability to proactively see projects to full completion
- Capacity to juggle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously without compromising quality
- Willing to learn new systems and be hands-on
- Bachelor's degree in related business or technical major
- Internal Customer Focus
- Problem solving
- Execute flawlessly
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.