EXPERIENCED CHEF DE PARTIE
Posted on Sep 17, 2020 by CV-Library
Our kitchen team usually consists of 2 chefs and a kitchen porter. At this time of COVID, limiting what we can do, we are having to reduce the team to one full time chef and one part-time chef. This role is for the part-time chef.
The chef must have knowledge and high standards in the cooking and delivery of quality food. Must be a good team player, show willing, initiative and be prepared to perform any kitchen related role including those of a kitchen porter (i.e. food preparation and cleaning)
We deliver the following:
· Golfers breakfasts and snacks
· A daily club menu and some specials
· Function catering (currently limited to 30 people but in normal times up to 120 covers)
THE IDEAL APPLICANT
· The Chef De Partie will be experienced in the preparation and delivery of high quality food
· Have excellent customer service skills and speak good English
· Will be keen to take on responsibility and assist the F&B Manager and fellow chef.
· Will be a “team player”
· Will be versatile – delivering a variety of different foods, including some international cuisine
· Can deal with suppliers if required
· Will have own transport and/or live locally
HOURS & REMUNERATION
16 Hours minimum
Two days a week (9am-5pm) Some weekend working and providing cover for our other chef may also be required
Hourly rate: Competitive salary Holiday pay: (12%) “paid up front” Staff lunch
This role could develop into a full-time role in future (i.e. post COVID)
We’re a long established, traditional Members’ Golf Club with some 500 members, many of whom are regular users of our F&B service.
In addition to serving our members needs, we run external events including weddings, parties and conferences - though due to COVID these are largely on hold.
References will be required, covering the past three years