DevOps Engineer - German Fluency
Posted on Sep 18, 2020 by Brookwood
Brookwood is currently working on behalf of a well-established organisation seeking an experienced DevOps Engineer with German Fluency.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST BE FLUENT IN GERMAN IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED.
This role will be based in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. This will be a remote role to begin with and then you will only be required to travel to the office a 2 to 3 times per week.
The salary for this role is up to €75,000 basic per year, dependent on previous experience. Alongside a substantial benefits package, such as flexible working, support on further education and development, secondments and more please enquire for further details.
- You are responsible for the (further) development of the code-based infrastructure and will define manifestos for this.
- You help to put Chatbots & Machine Learning components online for different customers. One of our initiatives is a dialog system that is supposed to serve chats and emails, which should be made available to various internal units as well as internationally
- You will create Docker images for our GitLab repositories, write Shell Scripts for deployments and create GitLab pipelines. You will drive our projects from Dev to Stage and finally to Prod.
- You will ensure the connectivity of our various services to each other and beyond. You will also ensure the accessibility of software (load balancing and co).
- We are looking for a motivated self-starter', with a relevant degree.
- An expert on Kubernetes or code-meters, with proven commercial experience.
- The ability to handle Docker containers effectively
- A good understanding of bash scripts
- Excellent Python and GitLab (or similar version control) experience
- A desire to work in an agile environment in which you can demonstrate your strengths, and meet deadlines
- You can learn quickly from mistakes and can quickly identify what went wrong, and how to improve upon this. You need to have a deep understanding of the customer's desires and focus on delivering these.