Junior Software Engineer
Posted on Sep 20, 2020 by JobTarget
Job search is broken. Help us fix it! JobTarget is a leading company in the online job search and recruiting industry. Our team is comprised of experts in recruitment, ecommerce, and online job search. Our products are used by thousands of corporate recruiters and reach millions of job seekers. The company values work life balance, rewarding risk and creativity, and an open culture. driven, and open-minded. We're perpetually in search of ways to make the job search process better, so if you if you're up for the challenge, apply and let's make it better together.
About the Role
The Junior Software Engineer will be a key member of the Software Development team by solving complicated, challenging problems with code and delivering solutions that make a real difference to job seekers and teams.
- Hands-on coding, unit-testing and maintenance of projects for the Engineering team, based on system specifications and Change Requests provided by the product team
- Work closely with your technical l eads in building new software according to best practices
- Solid software development skills building software developed in (at least one) PHP, Python, Perl, C#, or Java
- Solid RDBMS and NoSQL database experience. Specifically SQL Server, MySQL and MongoDB.
- Experience designing clean and maintainable APIs
- Ability to rapidly learn new software languages, frameworks and APIs quickly
- Familiarity with JavaScrip t and front end frameworks
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Sharp and tenacious troubleshooting skills: you can fix anything!
JobTarget provides a high-energy growth environment, along with a competitive base salary and excellent benefits including PTO, medical, dental and 401(k) with match. Compensation commensurate with experience. JobTarget is an equal opportunity employer.