Posted on Oct 9, 2020 by DCV Technologies
Production & Test Supervisor
Fantastic opportunity for an experienced and professional Production and Test Supervisor with a strong Electrical and Team Management background to part of a multi-disciplined team within the Operations department and be responsible for the hands-on management of the shop floor staff, approximately 10-15 people.
You will need to have a good track record in leading teams with a strong electrical background to be considered for this position.
Ideally you will be early/mid in your career with aspirations to advance with a world leading organisation.
- Working closely with the operations manager, the Production & Test Supervisor will implement production and test schedules to meet all operational planning.
- The production and test lead will oversee the chain of production processes, and ensure that these meet the requirements for standard and prototype product manufacturing, whilst meeting health and safety requirements.
- You will be expected to conduct team meetings, perform staff appraisals and work with their line manager or HR on staff wellbeing or dealing with issues.
- Preferably, the Production & Test Lead should have an electrical bias with experience of product test and qualification, enabling them to directly contribute to related functions, implement process improvement and supervise wiring activities.
- The production and test lead will be responsible for the correct and safe working of all staff and activities within the production environment.
Objectives and Responsibilities:
- Generating and overseeing the daily schedules/activities for the shop floor to meet the production schedule
- Management of shop floor staff (team meetings, staff appraisals, etc.)
- Monitoring/adjusting/creating production processes and ensuring these meet the needs of all current and new products
Secondary Task List
- Ad hoc direct production support
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience in a manufacturing/product qualification environment
- Qualification in an electrical discipline or equivalent experience
- Track record in managing teams
- Exposure to ERP systems desirable
- 5S/Lean manufacturing knowledge preferable
- Basic use of Microsoft Office applications
- Good rapport with people
- Accurate, thorough, consistent, pro-active, assertive
- Good communication skills/Team player
- They will adopt the working practices of a modern Operations office and a company wide quality system.
- Projects are conducted at both group and local levels so some travel is expected
- Normally a day shift role, with flexibility required.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£25k - £30k Annual
£27k - £30k Annual
£26k - £28k Annual
£24.5k - £28k Annual
£30k - £35k Annual
£26k - £32k Annual
£22.6k - £45.2k Annual
£28k - £28k Annual