1st Line Support Engineer - Waterlooville - £18K to £23K
Posted on Oct 9, 2020 by Spectrum IT Recruitment (South) Ltd
1st Line Support Engineer is required to join a growing and progressive IT Support Company from their head office based in Waterlooville.
The role of a 1st Line Support Engineer will involve being the initial point of contact for all technical issues that come into my client from their customer base.
- Be able to assess IT issues raised by customers to ensure a full understanding of the problem, escalating to senior support engineers when necessary.
- Where possible, diagnose the cause of the problem in order to identify the most appropriate fix and ensure an effective, robust resolution.
- Log issues raised by clients accurately, keeping records of time spent on problem resolution.
- Assist with the building of hardware and operating system rollouts, installing appropriate software to meet customer needs, ensuring that hardware and software is configured correctly.
- Interact professionally with customers and colleagues at all times, ensuring customers are fully satisfied with the service provided.
- Travel within a working day is sometimes needed and may be required at short notice.
- Installing hardware or networks, you may have to lift and carry equipment
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications;
- Testing and evaluating new technology;
- Providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports;
- Provide out of office hours on-call support as per a roster
The ideal candidate for this positon will have some experience working within IT Support and if possible have an industry recognised qualification.
You will have experience within some of the following areas.
- Windows Desktop (ideally Windows 7, 8 and 10).
- Windows Server 2012/2016 and Active Directory administration.
- Microsoft Office and ideally, Office 365.
- Windows-based networking and troubleshooting, including an understanding of IP Communications, DHCP and DNS.
As you will be speaking to my clients' customer base then your communication skills must be very strong.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company that would be able to offer further training opportunities along with career progression to the right individual.