Posted on Oct 9, 2020 by Affinity
We currently have a Full time opening for a Warehouse Supervisor near Portland, OR. If you are looking for a fast paced environment where you can make a difference every day, then this is the opportunity for you! This position is responsible for efficient inventory control and movement of all components, assemblies and finished goods in order to meet production schedules and sales goals. Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in the receiving of materials, the stocking and dispensing of materials, inventory control, shipping of finished goods, and expediting.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate inventory transaction records including daily cycle counts and to perform root cause analysis.
- Understands the fundamentals of a Demand Pull systems.
- Directs the storage, inventory, and distribution of finished goods and raw material.
- Works with Carlsbad and Mexicali to ensure that all orders are shipped on same day status.
- Ensures International shipping documentation is in order.
- Prepares status reports for use by management.
- Ensures compliance with Quality System Requirements.
- Responsible for assuring the safety of employees.
- Responsible for compliance with the rules and regulations regarding a safe and healthy work environment.
- Investigate accidents to minimize recurrence and prepare accident reports relative to their actions and conduct. Ensures employees compliance with company safety regulations.
A dependable, honest, hard-working person who enjoys teamwork and is a positive influence on others. Someone who demonstrates ownership and accountability; effective organization skills; the ability to plan, execute, control and deliver; someone who is detail oriented, focused on accuracy, can follow systems, is able to multi-task and communicate effectively.
- 2+ years of supervisory experience in handling employee relations, performance management including performance improvement plans and the performance review process required.
- 3+ years' experience in the materials, warehouse and/or distribution fields with specialization in inventory control, manufacturing data systems, logistics and freight highly desired
- Advanced computer skills with intermediate experience with Word and Excel.
- Implementation and ongoing use of Lean methodology, Demand Pull as well as direct experience with Oracle highly desired.