Lead Active Directory Security Engineer
Posted on Oct 10, 2020 by USAA
As an Information Security Engineer, you'll work to secure the Active Directory and Federation infrastructure for a world class, Fortune 100 financial services organization. You'll bring solid experience in a wide range of technologies including one or more of Microsoft Active Directory, Okta Single Sign-On Solution, and CyberArk enterprise password vault while working with auditors and regulators to assess these platforms. Our Information Security Engineers work closely with Product Management, IT Operations, internal and external auditors, as well as other members of the Information Security department to facilitate the financial security of USAA's members, associates, and their families.
Conducts software and systems engineering to develop new capabilities, ensuring Information Security is integrated across the enterprise. Conducts comprehensive technology research to evaluate potential vulnerabilities in Enterprise systems. Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled. Installs, configures, troubleshoots, and maintains hardware and software.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers - World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Researches and analyzes the latest capabilities of specific Information Security (eg Cloud services, encryption, PKI etc.) and IT technologies (eg operating systems, networks, storage, virtualization etc.). Considered an expert in the USAA implementations of these technologies.
- Reviews, interprets, and resolves disputes for Information Security baselines for specific technologies (eg operating systems, databases).
- Leads the operations and maintenance for hardware and software of Information Security solutions and technologies (eg firewalls, intrusion prevention (IPS), web application firewalls (WAF), web proxies). Initiates vendor roadmap discussions and feature requests. Consults with Architects to plan future technical solutions.
- Monitors and troubleshoots highly complex systems, tools and/or networking solutions. Performs investigative research, analysis and troubleshooting to identify, resolve, and report highly complex security issues.
- Collaborates with Security Analysts to tune and enhance Information Security solutions and technologies to keep up with the latest threats.
- Guides the development of code/scripts/automation written to detect or prevent new threats that do not have commercial solutions available yet or to automate Information Security processes to increase efficiencies.
- Designs and develops new tools/technologies as related to Information Security and shares them with the community.
- Drives and directs quality work efforts. Serves as the primary resource for cross-functional team members on escalated issues of a unique nature.
- Maintains expert level knowledge of USAA Information Security standards as well as industry information security best practices, frameworks, laws and regulations.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Bachelor's Degree Or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 or more years of related experience in Information Security, Cybersecurity, Identity and Access Management (IAM) and/or Information Technology to include accountability for complex tasks and/or projects.
- 6 or more years of related experience in Firewall, Web Proxies, Web Application Firewall, Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS/IDS), Mainframe, Windows, Linux, Apple, Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) and/or Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response (SOAR) solutions.
Expert level of business acumen in the areas of business operations, risk management, industry practices and emerging trends.
Advanced troubleshooting skills. (Packet analyzer a plus)
Programming or Scripting experience (Python or PowerShell preferred).
- 10+ years' experience in a technical lead role with a primary focus of implementing security best practices within Active Directory infrastructure for a financial services organization
- 5+ years' experience providing technology direction for a team of highly skilled subject matter experts in resolution of complex Active Directory security issues
- 2+ years' experience with Federation technology such as Okta or Azure AD
- Able to clearly and effectively communicate with senior leadership and internal/external examiners
- Able to write and troubleshoot complex PowerShell scripts
- Certifications such as MCSE, CISSP, CRISC, CISA, CISM
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is notavailable for this position.